Ready to wow your friends and family? Pineapple fluff is a no-bake recipe that comes together in just 3 easy steps with 6 ingredients.
When you follow this easy recipe, you’ll be the star of your family gatherings!
Sweet and tangy pineapple tidbits come together with shredded coconut, vanilla pudding, cool whip, mini marshmallows, and nuts to create a creamy dessert that resembles pina colada flavor.
Is your mouth watering just reading this? Wait until you try it! This pineapple dessert can also make the perfect side dish packed with tropical flavors.
If you have never tried this pineapple fluff recipe, you’re missing out on a delicious treat. Fluff desserts have been a family favorite in my family for generations, and there’s a reason why dessert salads haven’t been left in the past: they are so addictively delicious!
I think another reason why these old school desserts became so popular is because they are so easy to make.
Seriously, the hardest part about making this creamy pineapple fluff salad recipe is not eating it while you’re making it! Who doesn’t love easy desserts that are always a crowd pleaser?
Why You’ll Love This Pineapple Fluff Recipe
- Made with just 6 simple ingredients.
- Just 3 easy steps.
- Takes just 10 minutes to make.
- Perfect no-bake dessert for summer months or any time you have a pineapple craving!
What You Need to Make Pineapple Fluff
This easy pineapple fluff recipe uses just 6 simple ingredients to make a delicious fruit dessert. Keep scrolling to get the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card below.
- Instant vanilla pudding
- Crushed pineapple: Do not drain.
- Cool whip
- Mini marshmallows
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Chopped nuts: Pecans or walnuts
How to Make Pineapple Fluff
Follow these 3 simple steps below and this easy sweet treat will be on your table in no time. I warn you though, it probably won’t last long once someone gets a first taste! Scroll down to the recipe card for the full recipe.
Combine pudding and pineapple. In a large mixing bowl combine the vanilla pudding powder and crushed pineapple. Reminder: do not drain the pineapple.
Add remaining ingredients. Fold in the cool whip, mini marshmallows, shredded coconut and chopped nuts.
Chill. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. This allows the mixture to thicken and for the marshmallows to soften.
Tips for the Best Pineapple Fluff
- Do not drain the pineapple. This is an important part of the recipe, so I want to be sure you do not drain that can of pineapple! You want that sweet pineapple juice in your salad!
- Serve cold. Pineapple fluff is best served cold. Be sure to chill it for at least 2 hours before serving. You can even make this ahead the day before and let it chill overnight.
Storing & Freezing Pineapple Fluff
Store this pineapple fluff recipe in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. This recipe can be frozen and will keep for up to three months. Just be aware that the consistency after you thaw it may be different than when it’s made fresh. The flavor should be just the same!
Substitutions & Variations
- Reduce sugar content: You can use sugar-free instant pudding mix and whipped topping to reduce the sugar content.
- Use different pudding flavors: If you prefer a different pudding flavor, you can try this recipe with any other flavor of pudding. I just can’t guarantee the same pineapple flavor if you don’t use vanilla pudding mix. Coconut pudding may be a good one to try!
- Add-Ins: Add your favorites to customize this fruity dessert salad. Maraschino cherries make a great addition to top off this fluffy dessert.
- Make it Pineapple Pretzel Salad. Make pineapple pretzel fluff by adding in some pretzel pieces.
More Fluff Recipes
Pineapple Fluff Recipe
- 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 8 oz cool whip
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped nuts, pecans or walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl combine the vanilla pudding powder and crushed pineapple, reminder, do not drain the pineapple.
- Fold in the cool whip, mini marshmallows, shredded coconut and chopped nuts.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. This allows the mixture to thicken and for the marshmallows to soften.