Looking for a dessert that will seriously impress your friends & family? Cherry fluff is a no-bake recipe made in just 3 easy steps with 7 ingredients.
When you follow my easy cherry fluff recipe, you’ll have the perfect dessert to wow any crowd!
You may think of fluff salad as a vintage dessert, and you’re right! There’s a good reason why fluff salads are always a family favorite and have been for generations – they’re addictively delicious and always a hit.
Trust me, people may ask what the “pink stuff” on the table is at first, but before you know it, it will all be gone!
This creamy dessert combines cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple, sweetened condensed milk, cool whip, shredded coconut, pecans, and miniature marshmallows to make an irresistible sweet treat.
Not only is this a great dessert, but it also makes a great side dish! Cherry fluff dessert salad is the perfect recipe for family gatherings because it’s quick and easy to make, and you can’t fail when you follow my fool-proof steps. It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser every single time.
This pink fluff is perfect for any time, but given its color, it is also perfect for a special occasion like Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day. Keep reading for my specific tips to make the best cherry pink salad.
Why You’ll Love This Cherry Fluff
- Just 3 simple steps
- Made with 7 simple ingredients
- Only 10 minutes to make
- Bursting with cherry flavor
- Delicious no bake dessert recipe or use it as the perfect side dish
What You’ll Need for Cherry Fluff Salad
Easy cherry fluff salad comes together with a handful of simple ingredients and is the perfect make-ahead recipe. Keep scrolling to get the full recipe and measurements in the recipe card below.
- Cherry pie filling
- Crushed pineapple: Drained very well
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cool whip
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Chopped pecans
- Mini marshmallows
How to Make Cherry Salad
This cherry fluff salad recipe is a no bake dessert salad that only takes a few easy steps to make! Get the measurements and ingredients in the recipe card below.
Combine pie filling, pineapple and milk. In a large mixing bowl combine the cherry pie filling, drained crushed pineapple, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir with a spatula until combined.
Fold in the cool whip.
Add remaining ingredients. Fold in the sweetened shredded coconut, chopped pecans and mini marshmallows.
Chill and serve. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Once chilled, give it a good stir and serve! Best eaten within 3 days.
Tips for the Best Cherry Fluff Salad
- Serve cold. Cherry fluff is best served cold. Be sure to chill it for at least 2 hours before serving. You can even make this ahead the day before and let it chill overnight.
- Drain the pineapple well. The excess liquid in the crushed pineapple can make the dish watery.
- Double or triple it! Planning to feed a lot of people, like a family reunion type event? You can easily double or triple this cherry pie fluff to feed more people! Trust me, it goes fast!
Substitutions & Variations
- Reduce sugar content: You can use sugar-free instant pudding mix and whipped topping to reduce the sugar content.
- Add-Ins: Add your favorites to customize this cherry dump salad. You could try adding fresh cherries, maraschino cherries, pineapple chunks, or pretzel pieces. Some people also like to add sour cream (yes, you read that right, it gives it a bit of a tang), cottage cheese, or walnuts instead of pecans.
- Use a different berry pie filling. You could try strawberry or blueberry pie filling!
Storing & Freezing Suggestions
Store this cherry fluff recipe in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. This recipe can be frozen and will keep for up to three months. Just be aware that the consistency after you thaw it may be different than when it’s made fresh. The flavor should be just the same!
More Fluff Salad Recipes
Cherry Fluff Recipe
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained very well
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cherry pie filling, drained crushed pineapple, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir with a spatula until combined.
- Fold in the cool whip.
- Fold in the sweetened shredded coconut, chopped pecans and mini marshmallows.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Best eaten within 3 days.