Oreo fluff is a no bake dessert that comes together in just 5 minutes with 5 ingredients. Oreos combine with vanilla pudding mix, milk, cool whip and mini marshmallows to create an irresistible melt-in-your-mouth treat.
If you’ve never made or enjoyed fluff desserts, be prepared for this to be your new favorite dessert recipe. You’ll be pulling up to all the summer barbecues this summer with oreo fluff in hand!
This easy recipe uses very basic ingredients and can be thrown together in a pinch, which is one of the best things about it! It’s a great summertime family favorite recipe that is also the perfect dessert to make ahead of time, and stick it in the fridge until you’re ready for it.
Possibly the best part about this oreo fluff salad recipe is that it can be used in so many different ways. It can be served with pretzels or crackers as a dip, dolloped on top of a slice of chocolate cake, or even used to fill in between layers of cake for a decadent Oreo-filled layer cake. It also makes a tasty topping for ice cream!
Why You’ll Love This Oreo Fluff
- Only 5 minutes to make
- Only 5 simple ingredients
- Can be used in many different ways
- Perfect summer dessert
What You’ll Need for This Oreo Fluff Recipe
Oreo fluff is the perfect dessert dip that will be a huge hit with everyone you make it for! Keep scrolling to get the full measurements in the recipe card below.
- Vanilla pudding mix
- Cool whip
- Mini marshmallows
How to Make Oreo Fluff
Making a good fluff salad is so easy! For best results, follow these three simple steps. Get the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card below.
Mix pudding. In a large mixing bowl combine the vanilla pudding mix and milk. Beat with an electric mixer until combined and thick.
Add remaining ingredients. Fold in the cool whip, crushed Oreos, and mini marshmallows.
Chill. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. This allows the mixture to thicken and for the marshmallows to soften. Top with more crushed Oreos before serving.
Tips for the Best Oreo Fluff
- Use Instant Pudding: Make sure to use instant pudding for this recipe. A regular pudding mixture won’t set up fast enough.
- Don’t over crush the oreos: Be sure not to crush the Oreos too finely. You’ll want mostly pieces of Oreos with some oreo crumbs.
- Fold in cookies & cool whip: Fold in the Oreos and cool whip by hand. Using an electric or hand-held mixer will thin out the cool whip and break up the cookies more.
- Use whole milk: You can use skim milk, but whole milk will make a good creamy pudding and give this easy dessert salad fluff the best texture and flavor.
Substitutions & Variations
- Make it double chocolate oreo fluff: Use chocolate instant pudding mix instead of vanilla to create a chocolate lover’s creamy dessert.
- Make it oreo cheesecake fluff: Fold in a few tablespoons of softened cream cheese for a richer texture and flavor. You can even make this Oreo dessert recipe into an Oreo fluff pie with graham crackers as the crust when you add cream cheese.
- Use sugar-free pudding: If you want to reduce the sugar content, you can use sugar-free pudding mix.
Storing and Freezing Oreo Fluff
Freezing is not recommended for fluff salads because it completely changes the texture, but you can store this easy oreo fluff recipe in the fridge for a few days. Make sure your fluff salad is in an airtight container and you can store it in the fridge for up to three days.
More Oreo Recipes
Oreo Fluff Recipe
- two 3.4 oz packages vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 12 oz cool whip, 1 ½ 8 oz containers
- 30 oreos, crushed
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl combine the vanilla pudding mix and milk. Beat with an electric mixer until combined and thick.
- Fold in the cool whip, crushed oreos, and mini marshmallows,
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. This allows the mixture to thicken and for the marshmallows to soften. Top with more crushed oreos before serving.