No Bake Oreo Pie
Easy to make no bake oreo pie with oreo crust! Gluten free option available and it’s only 8 ingredients. People LOVE this oreo pie!
The question is.. is there such a thing as too many oreos?
I think not :)
No Bake Oreo Pie with cool whip and cream cheese
Everyone who had a piece of this no bake oreo pie could not get enough. The only question was “can I have some milk?” not “next time can you make this with less oreos?”
I mean, they are America’s favorite cookie for a reason!
You will need 2 packages of oreos to make this easy no bake oreo pie recipe. No judgement, okay?
1 entire package is used to make the oreo crumb crust, then you’ll need to use 12 oreos from the second package for the filling, plus more oreos for the top of the pie. Lots of oreos for the top of the pie!
How to make no bake oreo pie crust
Let’s go layer by layer.
Crust: 1 package oreos (exactly 36 ha – both Oreo brand and generic store brand seem to have 36 in one package, so buy whichever is cheaper!) plus 1 stick of melted butter. Paula Deen would approve.
Filling: 2 packages of cream cheese (softened), 1 cup powdered sugar, vanilla extract, 12 crushed oreos, and 1 standard container of cool whip.
Chocolate ganache: 1 & 1/2 cups chocolate chips and 1/2 cup heavy cream.
The top: lots of oreos :)
How to make no bake oreo pie
- pulse the oreos (cream and all) into crumbs, combine with melted butter and press that into the pie pan
- mix together the oreo filling and scoop that into the pie pan
- pour chocolate ganache on top of the chilled filling
- chop as many oreos as you want and put them on top of the pie
- refrigerate or freeze until set
- …then DEVOUR!
How Long Does it Take to Make Pie
- 5 minutes to make the crust
- 5 minutes to make the filling
- 10 minutes to make the chocolate ganache and add the oreos
- 1-2 hours to chill in the fridge or freezer
Gluten Free Oreo Pie
It was really easy to make this No Bake Oreo Pie gluten free by using gluten free oreos. You can buy gluten free oreos at the grocery store or on amazon. All of the other ingredients in the recipe are naturally gluten free, but sadly not calorie free, haha.
How To Store Oreo Pie
Now that I’ve made this easy oreo pie a few times, I’ve discovered that I prefer it frozen rather then just refrigerated. Even when “frozen” the filling is still creamy and easy to cut through, the only thing that gives a little trouble to cut through is the oreo crust. But I figure I can dish out a little elbow grease for a piece of pie.
Can This Oreo Pie Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes. You can make this pie ahead of time by wrapping it well in plastic wrap and storing in the freezer for up to 1 week.
For a step-by-step of how to make this no bake oreo pie recipe, watch this short video:
More Oreo Desserts
Subscribe to The First Year newsletter to get our recipes sent to your inbox! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Youtube. If you make this recipe, tag @beth_thefirstyear on instagram!
- 2 (14.3 oz) packages of oreos - divided, listed in instructions
- 1 stick butter, melted
- two, 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 container Cool Whip (8 oz), thawed
- 1 & 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Process 1 entire package of oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs remain. In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreos with the melted butter. Press this mixture evenly into a 10 inch pie pan. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beat again.
- Chop 12 oreos. Mix in the the chopped oreos and cool whip and stir with a spatula until mixed. Spread this mixture on the crust and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium heat-proof bowl.
- In a small pot over low heat, heat the heavy cream until just before boiling.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to come to room temperature before adding it to the pie.
- Before the chocolate hardens, add oreos to the top. Start by adding the halved oreos around the edges, placing them as close or as far apart as you want. Then add chopped oreos to the center of the pie.
- Cover the pie with tinfoil and return to the freezer or fridge for 1-2 hours. Before serving, remove the pie from the freezer and let it sit for a few minutes to make cutting it easier. Cover and freeze or refrigerate any leftovers.
- Use gluten free oreos to make this a gluten free no bake oreo pie!
- Adding the oreos to the top of the pie (after the chocolate ganache) is optional!