No Bake Oreo Pie
The question is.. is there such a thing as too many oreos?
I think not :)
Everyone Loved This No Bake Oreo Pie
Everyone who had a piece of this No Bake Oreo Pie could not get enough. The only question was “can I have some milk?” not “next time can you make this with less oreos?”
I mean, they are America’s favorite cookie for a reason!
You will need 2 packages of oreos to make this No Bake Oreo Pie. No judgement, okay?
1 entire package is used to make the oreo crumb crust, then you’ll need to use 12 oreos from the second package for the filling, plus more oreos for the top of the pie. Lots of oreos for the top of the pie!
Let’s go layer by layer.
Crust: 1 package oreos (exactly 36 ha – both Oreo brand and generic store brand seem to have 36 in one package, so buy whichever is cheaper!) plus 1 stick of melted butter. Paula Deen would approve.
Filling: 2 packages of cream cheese (softened), 1 cup powdered sugar, vanilla extract, 12 crushed oreos, and 1 standard container of cool whip.
Chocolate ganache: 1 & 1/2 cups chocolate chips and 1/2 cup heavy cream.
The top: lots of oreos :)
Directions for this No Bake Oreo Pie
1. pulse the oreos (cream and all) into crumbs, combine with melted butter and press that into the pie pan
2. mix together the oreo filling and scoop that into the pie pan
3. pour chocolate ganache on top of the chilled filling
4. chop as many oreos as you want and put them on top of the pie
5. refrigerate or freeze until set
It was really easy to make this No Bake Oreo Pie gluten free by using gluten free oreos. All of the other ingredients in the recipe are naturally gluten free, but sadly not calorie free, haha.
Now that I’ve made this No Bake Oreo Pie a few times, I’ve discovered that I prefer it frozen rather then just refrigerated. Even when “frozen” the filling is still creamy and easy to cut through, the only thing that gives a little trouble to cut through is the oreo crust. But I figure I can dish out a little elbow grease for a piece of pie.
No Bake Oreo Pie
- 1 package oreos
- 1 stick butter, melted
- two, 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oreos, chopped
- 1 container Cool Whip (8 oz), thawed
- 1 & 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Oreos, some cut in half, others chopped
- Process the oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs remain. In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreos with the melted butter. Press this mixture evenly into a 10 inch pie pan. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beat again.
- Mix in the the chopped oreos and cool whip and stir with a spatula until mixed. Spread this mixture on the crust and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium heat-proof bowl.
- In a small pot over low heat, heat the heavy cream until just before boiling.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to come to room temperature before adding it to the pie.
- Before the chocolate hardens, add the oreos to the top. Start by adding the halved oreos around the edges, placing them as close or as far apart as you want. Then add chopped oreos to the center of the pie.
- Cover the pie with tinfoil and return to the freezer or fridge for 1-2 hours. Before serving, remove the pie from the freezer and let it sit for a few minutes to make cutting it easier. Cover and freeze or refrigerate any leftovers.