This easy 3-layer Cherry Delight recipe is a delicious and simple no-bake dessert made with a creamy cheesecake filling on top of a crunchy graham cracker crust, then topped with cherry pie filling.
This classic Cherry Delight recipe is an incredibly simple yet decadent dessert that is always a hit for parties, plus it only takes 20 minutes to prep.
This no bake cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts to serve at parties during the hot summer months. The cherries give it a tart taste, while the cream cheese filling adds a rich and creamy texture, all on top of a buttery graham cracker crust. When it’s chilled to perfection, it’s a refreshing and irresistible treat.
Cherry Delight can also really save the day if you need a quick and easy dessert for a get-together! It’s perfect for potlucks and cookouts, a family reunion, or great if you like to regularly have dessert after dinner in your home and don’t want to put a ton of time or effort into it! Enjoy this cherry dessert on hot summer days or for dressing up your holiday table. It’s the perfect red dessert for Valentine’s Day or even Christmas!
Why You’ll Love This Cherry Delight Recipe
- Simple ingredients
- Quick and easy
- No bake dessert
- Easy to customize
What You’ll Need for Cherry Delight
You can make this easy dessert recipe with just a few simple ingredients! Get the full measurements and directions in the recipe card below.
- Unsalted butter: Don’t forget to melt the butter!
- Graham cracker crumbs: Make your own with graham crackers, or buy the ready-made crumbs.
- Granulated sugar
- Cream cheese: Make sure you allow time to soften the cream cheese to room temperature.
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cool whip
- Cherry pie filling: I used 1 and 1/2 cans.
How to Make Cherry Delight
This no bake dessert recipe couldn’t be easier and will become a family favorite. Keep scrolling for the full measurements in the recipe card below.
Make pie crust. In a medium bowl combine all the crust ingredients – the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and granulated sugar. Stir until thick.
Add crust to pan. Using your fingers, firmly press the crumb mixture into a 9×13 inch pan.
Fluff cream cheese. In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for 90 seconds, until fluffy.
Make cream cheese mixture. Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add in 1 & 1/2 containers of cool whip, mix. Spread this mixture evenly over the crust.
Pour cherry pie filling on top. Add the cherry filling, carefully spooning and spreading over the filling. You don’t want the pie filling to mix into the cream cheese layer. You can use 1 & ½ cans or full 2 cans.
Chill. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results. The more time this dessert spends in the refrigerator, the more it will firm up and improve in texture.
Tips for the Best Cherry Delight Recipe
- Make fine graham cracker crumbs. If you’re making your own graham cracker crumbs, you’ll want to use a blender or food processor. The crumbs need to be fairly fine in order to make a good graham cracker crust that will be a smooth layer on the bottom of the dish.
- Make clean cuts. When you slice your cherry delight, use a sharp knife and wipe it off between slices for an easier, cleaner cut.
- Thaw cool whip. If your cool whip is frozen, be sure to let it thaw completely before you use it in this easy cherry delight dessert recipe.
Substitutions & Variations
Add nuts: Walnuts make a good addition to this creamy dessert. You can stir them into the pie filling or sprinkle them on top of the finished product.
Switch up the pie filling: This cherry delight recipe would be just as delightful with a different type of pie filling, like blueberry pie filling.
Top it with chocolate. If you like the combination of cherries and chocolate, you could garnish with chocolate shavings or chocolate chips.
Storing and Freezing Cherry Delight
This no bake cherry delight recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you don’t have a pie pan with a lid, cover your dessert with plastic wrap as tightly as possible to keep your cherry delight fresh.
Cherry delight can be frozen too! Assemble this dessert recipe, but don’t add the cherry pie filling. Make sure you put it in a freeze-safe container. Take it out the night before you need it and put it in the fridge to thaw. Add the cherry pie filling the next morning and continue to chill in the fridge until it’s time to serve it.
More Cherry Recipes
- Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
- Cherry Dump Cake
- Champagne Cherry Poke Cake
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Cherry Delight Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted, 1/2 cup
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ containers cool whip, 12 ounces total
- two 21 oz cans cherry pie filling, use 1 & 1/2 cans
- In a mixing bowl combine all the crust ingredients – the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar. Stir until thick.
- Using your fingers, firmly press the crust into a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for 90 seconds, until fluffy.
- Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add in 1 & 1/2 containers of cool whip, mix. Spread this mixture evenly over the crust.
- Add the cherry pie filling, carefully spooning and spreading over the filling. You don’t want the pie filling to mix into the cream cheese layer. You can use 1 & ½ cans or full 2 cans.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. The more time this dessert spends in the refrigerator, the more it will firm up and improve in texture.