Want our top 10 essential dessert recipes?
Get our favorite classic recipes in your inbox! It’s 100% free, but we might make you hungry!
Pumpkin Whipped Cream
I used to really like cool whip.
Then I made homemade chocolate whipped cream and everything changed.
I was finally convinced that homemade whipped cream was better than cool whip and ever since I’ve been on a flavored whipped cream kick.
First chocolate whipped cream, because chocolate is a no brainer!
Then I made strawberry whipped cream which is perfect for summertime cupcakes, cakes, ice cream cake, etc.
Now, pumpkin whipped cream! Perfect for all your fall whipped cream needs.
I can see this pumpkin whipped cream being outstanding on a cup of hot cocoa!! You can use it to top a pie, use it to ice cupcakes or a cake, use it to cover a homemade ice cream cake, or use it as the filling in cookies sandwiches.
You only need THREE ingredients – heavy cream, powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice!
Brief overview of the recipe:
1.Chill a metal mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 15 minutes.
You’re wondering if this step is necessary. I have made whipped cream by sort of chilling the bowl ahead of time.. meaning last minute I stick it in the freezer or I pull it out of the freezer too early and by the time I actually whip the cream, the bowl isn’t chilled anymore.
Here’s what I’ve observed – chilling the bowl and beaters ahead of time produces whipped cream that has stiffer peaks (that’s a fancy way of saying it’s more stable).
Overall, I do recommend chilling these items ahead of time, but if you completely forget, putting them in the freezer for at least 5 minutes is better than nothing.
2. Put all 3 ingredients in the chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoopable with a spoon and holds its shape.
For a step-by-step of how to make this pumpkin whipped cream recipe, watch this short video:
Pumpkin Whipped Cream
Yield: 2-3 cups
Easy 3 ingredient homemade pumpkin whipped cream! This is great on hot cocoa, pies, cakes, cupcakes.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Place a metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice, and powdered sugar, and beat with an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoop-able with a spoon and holds its shape.
- Use on cakes, cupcakes, pies, hot cocoa, etc. Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.