Chocolate Whipped Cream
Easy chocolate whipped cream is only 3 ingredients. This 5 minute stable chocolate whipped frosting is great on cakes, cupcakes, pies, hot cocoa and as fruit dip! Learn how to make chocolate whipped frosting with our tips.
Chocolate Whipped Cream is…
- 3 ingredients
- ready in 5 minutes or less
- the perfect frosting for any dessert
- will be your new favorite whipped cream!
Can I make a confession? I like cool whip.
I know.. I’m a dessert blogger. I should probably like homemade whipped cream more than cool whip. But cool whip is easy.
However, everything changed when I tried homemade CHOCOLATE whipped cream.
Of course everything is better with chocolate. So now I am addicted to chocolate whipped cream. I eat it with a spoon and it’s SUPER good with chocolate pudding.
You can use it to top a pie, in hot cocoa, use it to ice cupcakes or a cake, or use it as the filling in cookies sandwiches. Chocolate whipped cream is a staple recipe that every home baker should know how to make.
But, don’t worry.. the first time I went to make regular whipped cream I had to google a recipe. So we’re all on the same page – clueless and hungry :) Haha.
I wanted to make this chocolate whipped cream recipe SUPER easy. Don’t be afraid – you can make this!
- heavy cream
- cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
Freeze Your Bowl Before Making Whipped Cream
Chill a metal mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 15 minutes
You’re wondering if this step is necessary. I have made whipped cream by sort of chilling the bowl ahead of time.. meaning last minute I stick it in the freezer or I pull it out of the freezer too early and by the time I actually whip the cream, the bowl isn’t chilled anymore.
Here’s what I’ve observed – chilling the bowl and beaters ahead of time produces whipped cream that has stiffer peaks (that’s a fancy way of saying it’s more stable).
Tips for Making Chocolate Whipped Cream with Cocoa Powder
Overall, I do recommend chilling these items ahead of time, but if you completely forget, putting them in the freezer for at least 5 minutes is better than nothing.
How to Make Stabilized Whipped Cream without Gelatin
- Put all 3 ingredients in the chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoopable with a spoon and holds its shape.
- Chilling the bowl and beaters ahead of time produces whipped cream that has stiffer peaks (that’s a fancy way of saying it’s more stable). And because you start with a chilled bowl, you don’t need to use gelatin.
More Whipped Cream Recipes
Chocolate whipped cream video:
Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Place a metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar, and beat with an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoop-able with a spoon and holds its shape.
- Use on cakes, cupcakes, pies, hot cocoa, etc. Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.