Pumpkin Whipped Cream
Pumpkin whipped cream is an easy dessert topping with only 3 ingredients!
Try pumpkin whipped cream on top of pumpkin pie this year or on hot cocoa, a latte, pie, cake, brownies, pancakes, and cupcakes!
I used to really like cool whip.
Then I made homemade chocolate whipped cream and everything changed.
I was finally convinced that homemade whipped cream was better than cool whip and ever since I’ve been on a flavored whipped cream kick.
First chocolate whipped cream, because chocolate is a no brainer!
Then I made strawberry whipped cream which is perfect for summertime cupcakes, cakes, ice cream cake, etc.
Now, pumpkin whipped cream! Perfect for all your fall whipped cream needs.
I can see this pumpkin whipped cream being outstanding on a cup of hot cocoa! You can use it to top a pie, use it to frost cupcakes or a cake, use it to cover a homemade ice cream cake, or use it as the filling in cookie sandwiches.
Why You’ll Love It
- 3 ingredients
- ready in 5 minutes or less
- the perfect frosting or topping for any dessert
- will be your new favorite whipped cream flavor
What You’ll Need
- heavy whipping cream – should be at least 36% fat
- powdered sugar – sweetens the whipped cream and makes it stable
- pumpkin pie spice – adds that pumpkin spice flavor everyone loves
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream
A Two step recipe!
- Chill a metal mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Put all 3 ingredients in the chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoopable with a spoon and holds its shape.
Can you over whip whipped cream?
Yes. If you whip the whipped cream past the stiff peak stage, the whipped cream will deflate and start to look curd-like in texture.
Freeze Your Bowl Before Making Whipped Cream
Chill a metal mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 15 minutes.
You’re wondering if this step is necessary. I have made whipped cream by sort of chilling the bowl ahead of time.. meaning last minute I stick it in the freezer or I pull it out of the freezer too early and by the time I actually whip the cream, the bowl isn’t chilled anymore.
Here’s what I’ve observed – chilling the bowl and beaters ahead of time produces whipped cream that has stiffer peaks (that’s a fancy way of saying it’s more stable).
Overall, I do recommend chilling these items ahead of time, but if you completely forget, putting them in the freezer for at least 5 minutes is better than nothing.
How long does it take to make whipped cream?
I prefer to use a stand mixer or hand mixer. Using this preparation method, it will take about 4-6 minutes for the heavy cream to produce stiff peaks
Is Heavy Cream the same as Heavy Whipping Cream?
Heavy cream and heavy whipping cream are essentially the same thing, and both must contain at least 36% or more milk fat. A product called “Whipping cream” without the word “heavy” in the front is not the same thing and only has 30-35% fat.
How long does whipped cream last?
Homemade whipped cream lasts up to 1 day. It will keep its shape for about 2-3 hours depending on the weather. In warm weather, it will lose its shape faster.
Use pumpkin whipped cream on..
- a cup of hot cocoa or a pumpkin spice latte
- to top a pie
- use it to frost cupcakes or a cake
- use it to cover a homemade ice cream cake
- as the filling in cookie sandwiches
- on pancakes, waffles or french toast
More Pumpkin Desserts
Pumpkin Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Place a metal or glass mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice, and powdered sugar, and beat with an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoop-able with a spoon and holds its shape.
- Use on cakes, cupcakes, pies, hot cocoa, etc. Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 1 day. Rewhip as added.