Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars
My taste testers (hey ladies!!) loved this recipe. But I’m starting to think they just like anything I bring – which is great, haha, or maybe they are just hungry :)
My one friend in particular, Hannah, is my favorite person to try recipes out on because her reactions are the best.
When Ryan tries something I’ve made, his response is “it’s good.” So I usually have to ask him like 10 different questions to pull more information out of him.
When Hannah tries something, her response is usually “Oh my gosh, this is AMAZING!” And she’ll mention it several times. Love you Hannah!
Moral of the story, the verdict is in, and whether you’re more of a “it’s good” person or a “this is amazing” person, this recipe is a favorite!
This recipe is a cross between pumpkin pie bars and pumpkin cake. The crust is made from a box of yellow cake mix with melted butter to form more of a cookie/cake bottom. The filling is just like pumpkin pie filling.
And when you bake it in a 9×13 inch pan, you get delicious pumpkin pie bars with that classic pumpkin pie filling and hints of yellow cake mix in the crust.
To keep these bars looking just like pumpkin pie, I topped each slice with a dollop of cool whip.
I love that you can cut these bars into whatever size you want, making them more bite sized or cutting them into ginormous slices like I did :)
Now I know there are some people who are very loyal to their traditions, and having pumpkin pie on thanksgiving is a big tradition, but if you’re brave enough to mix it up, or even to serve these easy pumpkin pie bars along side of a classic pumpkin pie – I bet you most people will want to try BOTH!
Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars
Yield: 9x13 inch pan
Total Time:45 minutes
Easy pumpkin pie bars with a classic pumpkin pie filling and a 2 ingredient cake mix crust. Made in a 9x13 inch pan, these pumpkin pie bars are amazing!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix, 15.25 oz
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1 can pure pumpkin, 15 oz
- 2 eggs
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14oz
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix and melted butter until a thick ball of dough forms. Press the dough evenly into the 9x13 inch pan.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the can of pumpkin, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until the mixture is combined and smooth. Pour the filling on top of the crust. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the bars to cool before cutting.