Mini Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treats
Pumpkin rice krispie treats are the perfect no bake pumpkin dessert for fall and thanksgiving! Everyone loves these mini pumpkin pie rice krispie treats!
All of my extra treats get sent with Ryan to work. I wasn’t quite sure how his coworkers would like these mini pumpkin pie rice krispies, you know because sometimes adults prefer fancier desserts. But like normal, Ryan puts the treats in the kitchen around 7:30am and by 10am they were gone.
So we learned 2 things – adults DO like rice krispies even when they are shaped into something cute and lots of people eat dessert before lunch!
I’ve always been a big fan of rice krispies – but if there’s mint brownies sitting next to the rice krispies, I might pick the brownie. I figured that might be the kind of treat that kids are more drawn too, but you knows?! You’ll have to conduct your own “research” and find out!
I’ve mentioned before that I’m all about cute treats for holidays. Cute holiday themed treats add extra pizzazz to the holidays because what’s better then being able to look at the fun holiday decorations AND eat something festive?
- mini marshmallows
- rice krispies
- pumpkin pie spice
- orange gel food coloring
How to make pumpkin rice krispie treats
Our pumpkin pie rice krispies were made in a regular sized muffin pan, but you could use a mini muffin pan as well, especially if you wanted to make a hole bunch of little pies.
You’ll make 2 separate batches of rice krispies – one batch will be for the outside of the pie (the crust) and the second will be a smaller batch for the pumpkin pie filling. The nice thing is that you don’t need to make them as the same time – get all the pie “crusts” formed and then make the filling.
Add a dollop of cool whip to each pie before serving them – it completes the look!
Total Time Required
- 7 minutes to make the pie “crust”
- 7 minutes to make the pie “filling”
- 10-20 minutes to cool before removing from pan
For a step-by-step of how to make this mini pumpkin pie rice krispie recipe, watch this short video:
More Pumpkin Desserts
Subscribe to The First Year newsletter to get our recipes sent to your inbox! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Youtube. If you make this recipe, tag @beth_thefirstyear on instagram!
Outside of the pumpkin pie “the crust”
- 1 & 1/2 bags of mini marshmallows (16 oz bags)
- 5 tbsp butter
- 6 cups rice krispies
Inside of the pumpkin pie "the filling"
- 1/2 bag of mini marshmallows (16 oz bag)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups rice krispies
- orange gel food coloring
- Butter or spray a regular sized muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large pot over low heat. Stir occasionally until melted and well-blended. Remove from the heat and immediately add the rice krispies. Mix until everything is well coated. Using a large cookie scoop, scoop rice krispies into each muffin well. Use a 1/4 measuring cup sprayed with non-stick cooking spray on the outside to make an indentation in the middle of each muffin cup. This is where the “pumpkin filling” will go. Don’t be afraid to push firmly to get a nice indentation.
The “pumpkin pie filling”
- Melt butter, marshmallows, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium pot over low heat. Stir occasionally until melted and well-blended. Remove from the heat and add orange gel food coloring - adding enough until you get your desired color. Mix until combined. Add the rice krispies and mix until everything is well coated. Using a cookie scoop, scoop “pumpkin pie filling” into each “crust”. Use your fingers to press the filling into the crust.
- Allow the rice krispies to cool before removing them from the muffin pan. Top each pie with a dollop of cool whip before serving.