Strawberry Whipped Cream
Over a year ago we posted a recipe for homemade chocolate whipped cream, and it’s now one of the top 10 recipes people come to our site for!
Before I learned how to make chocolate whipped cream, I was really partial to cool whip.
I know.. I’m a dessert blogger. I should probably like homemade whipped cream more than cool whip. But cool whip is easy.
And it’s definitely something I’ll still use, but I think my heart is changing to love homemade whipped cream more <3
So I set out to make flavored whipped cream, thinking there has got to be a way I can do this, and there is!!
Beside regular whipped cream and chocolate whipped cream, I figure a lot of people like strawberry flavored things, plus strawberry whipped cream goes well with a lot of desserts – vanilla and chocolate or whatever!
You can use it to top a pie, in hot cocoa, use it to ice cupcakes or a cake, use it to cover a homemade ice cream cake, or use it as the filling in cookies sandwiches.
You’ll need 3 ingredients – heavy cream, strawberry jello powder and powdered sugar.
Brief overview of the recipe:
1. Chill a metal mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 15 minutes.
You’re wondering if this step is necessary. I have made whipped cream by sort of chilling the bowl ahead of time.. meaning last minute I stick it in the freezer or I pull it out of the freezer too early and by the time I actually whip the cream, the bowl isn’t chilled anymore.
Here’s what I’ve observed – chilling the bowl and beaters ahead of time produces whipped cream that has stiffer peaks (that’s a fancy way of saying it’s more stable).
Overall, I do recommend chilling these items ahead of time, but if you completely forget, putting them in the freezer for at least 5 minutes is better than nothing.
2. Put all 3 ingredients in the chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoopable with a spoon and holds its shape.
For a step-by-step of how to make this strawberry whipped cream recipe, watch this short video:
Strawberry Whipped Cream
Yield: 2-3 cups
Total Time: 20 minutes
Homemade strawberry whipped cream using only 3 ingredients!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp strawberry jello powder
- Place a metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and strawberry jello powder, and beat with an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoop-able with a spoon and holds its shape.
- Use on cakes, cupcakes, pies, hot cocoa, etc. Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.