Oreo Pudding Pie
Oreo pudding pie is an easy no bake dessert to make for any occasion! This oreo pie with pudding is thick, fluffy, and has a mousse like texture! 8 ingredients and 20 minutes to prep.
Pudding pie is an old fashion recipe that has been around for a while! There’s many different ways to make it, including from scratch, but I think the best way to make it is to use a box of instant pudding mix because it’s easy!
Many recipes use milk, however, I found that using heavy cream created a pie that was thicker, stable, and more mousse like!
If you have a stand mixer, this is a great time to use it because when you beat the pudding mix and heavy cream together, the mixture will be very thick. Once you add in the cool whip, the mixture will become more creamy and fluffy.
- instant vanilla pudding mix
- heavy cream
- cool whip
How to Make Oreo Pie with Pudding
Layer #1 – Oreo Crust
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the oreos (the cookie and the cream) into crumbs. Combine with the melted butter and press the mixture into the pie pan using the bottom of a measuring cup.
Layer #2 – Pudding Filling
- Beat the pudding mix and heavy cream together. The mixture will be extremely thick. If you have a stand mixer, this is a great time to use it!
- Gently beat in the chopped oreos and cool whip. Once you add in the cool whip, the mixture will become more creamy and fluffy. Spread the filling over the crust.
Layer #3 – Whipped Cream Topping
- Top the pie with homemade whipped cream and crushed oreos.
How to Store No Bake Oreo Pie
This pie needs to be refrigerated. It can also be frozen for a frozen dessert pie! Be sure to cover the pie with plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
Total Time Required
- 3 minutes to make the oreo crust
- 5 minutes to make the pudding filling
- 5 minutes to make whipped cream topping
- 4-8 hours to chill in the fridge
Gluten Free Oreo Pie
It is really easy to make this pudding pie gluten free by using gluten free oreos for the crust. All of the other ingredients in the recipe are naturally gluten free!
- The pudding filling is VERY thick when mixing it. If you have a stand mixer, this is a great time to use it!
- Use a sharp, skinny knife to cut the pie into pieces.
- Be sure to use two 3.4 oz (or 3.9) boxes, not the large 5.1 or 5.9 boxes.
More Oreo Desserts
Oreo Pudding Pie
- 1 package oreos, 14.3 oz
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 boxes 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- 2 cups oreos, chopped (about 18 oreos) from a second 14.3 oz package
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the oreos (the cookie portion and the cream portion) until fully blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the oreo crumbs and melted butter. Press this mixture evenly into a 9 or 10 inch pie pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to pack the crust down. Place the crust in the fridge to chill until ready to fill.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, combine the pudding mix and heavy cream with an electric mixer until well blended. You will NOT prepare the pudding mix as directed on the box. If you have a stand mixer, this is a great time to use it because when you beat the pudding mix and heavy cream together, the mixture will be very thick.
- Add the cool whip and crushed oreos, mix on low until combined. Spread this mixture over the crust. Once you add in the cool whip, the mixture will become more creamy and fluffy. Cover the pie pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Before serving the pie – place a metal or glass mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoop-able with a spoon and holds its shape.
- Spoon onto the pie and top with crushed oreos.