Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut butter pie is an easy no bake dessert to make for any occasion! This reese’s pie can be made with an oreo crust or graham cracker crust. Plus, it’s 8 ingredients and takes 20 minutes to prep.
I decided to keep this peanut butter pie recipe ridiculously simple. No baking, no complicated pie crust, no lattice to weave.
You can prep the whole thing in 20 minutes! To make it even easier, swap the homemade whipped cream topping for cool whip.
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Layer #1 – oreo crust
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the oreos into crumbs, combine with melted butter and press the oreo mixture into the pie pan using the bottom of a measuring cup
Layer #2 – the filling
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter together
- Gently mix in the cool whip
- Spread the filling over the oreo crust
Layer #3 – topping, whipped cream
How to Store No Bake Pie
This pie needs to be refrigerated. It can also be frozen for a frozen dessert pie! Be sure to cover the pie with plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
- 5 minutes to make the crust
- 5 minutes to make the peanut butter filling
- 5 minutes to make whipped cream topping
- 4-8 hours to chill in the fridge
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Pie
It is really easy to make this peanut butter pie gluten free by using gluten free oreos for the crust. All of the other ingredients in the recipe are naturally gluten free!
Swap the Oreo Crust for a Graham Cracker Crust
If you prefer a graham cracker crust, here’s our recipe!
- 1 & 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp melted butter
Combine all the ingredients and press into the pie pan.
Tips for Making No Bake Pie
- Blend the entire oreo (cream and cookies) when making the crust.
- I recommend using creamy peanut butter, not natural peanut butter as it can separate.
- Use a sharp, skinny knife to cut the pie into pieces.
More Peanut Butter Desserts
- 1 package oreos (14.3 oz)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 container cool whip (8 oz), thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Process the oreos in a food processor or blender until fine crumbs remain. In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreos with the melted butter. Press this mixture evenly into a 9 or 10 inch pie pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to pack the crust down. Place the crust in the fridge to chill until ready to fill.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the cool whip and mix on low until combined. Spread this mixture over the crust. Cover the pie pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Before serving the pie - place a metal or glass mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoop-able with a spoon and holds its shape.
- Spoon onto the pie and top with chopped reese's cups.
Be sure to cover the pie with plastic wrap to keep it fresh and store it in the fridge.