Easy Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Looking for a dessert that never fails to wow a crowd, but is also easy to make? No bake peanut butter pie for the win!
Follow my 5 simple steps below for addictively good pie that you can make in 20 minutes without even turning on the oven!
Easy Peanut Butter Pie
I decided to keep this no bake peanut butter pie recipe ridiculously simple. No baking, no complicated pie crust, no lattice to weave.
If you can press, pour and chop, I know you can recreate this peanut butter lovers pie in your kitchen!
You can prep the whole thing in 20 minutes! To make it even easier, swap the homemade whipped cream topping for cool whip.
This no bake pie recipe is a peanut butter dessert the whole family will go crazy for! It’s the perfect dessert for a hot summer day, birthday celebrations, or whenever your sweet tooth kicks in!
Why We Love this Easy Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- easy to make with simple ingredients
- no bake – one less thing to put in the oven during the holidays!
- customize the crust – stick with the oreo pie crust or use a graham cracker pie crust
- perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter for the holiday season or any special occasions
Easy Peanut Butter Pie Recipe ingredients
This decadent dessert is made with just 9 ingredients. Scroll down to the recipe box for the full measurements.
- oreos – blended into a fine crumb
- cream cheese – you can use original or 1/3 less fat
- powdered sugar – also called confectioners’ sugar
- peanut butter – creamy peanut butter
- cool whip
- heavy cream
- vanilla extract
- reese’s peanut butter cups – for the top of the pie, and the best part!
Easy Peanut Butter Pie Recipe Variations
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Pie
It is really easy to make this peanut butter pie gluten free by using gluten free oreos for the crust. All of the other ingredients in the recipe are naturally gluten free!
Swap the oreo crust for a classic graham cracker crust. If you prefer a graham cracker crust, here’s our recipe!
- 1 & 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (can also use chocolate graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp melted butter
Combine all the ingredients and press into the pie pan.
How to make Peanut Butter Pie (No Bake)
LAYER #1 – OREO CRUST
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the oreos into crumbs.
- Combine the crumbs with melted butter and press the oreo mixture into the pie plate using the bottom of a measuring cup.
LAYER #2 – PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- Beat the room temperature cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter together, until you have a creamy peanut butter filling.
- Gently mix in the cool whip.
- Spread the filling over the oreo crust with a rubber spatula.
LAYER #3 – Whipped Cream
- Prep. Before serving the pie – place a metal or glass mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Beat. Remove the bowl from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoop-able with a spoon and holds its shape.
- Assemble. Spoon the whipped tipping onto the pie.
LAYER #4 – TOPPINGS
- Top no bake peanut butter pie with chopped peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chocolate sauce, melted peanut butter, chocolate shavings, or any of your favorite toppings!
Peanut Butter Pie with Cool Whip Storage
This pie needs to be refrigerated. It can also be frozen for a frozen dessert pie! Be sure to cover the pie with plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
Can This No Bake Pie Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes. You can make this easy peanut butter pie recipe ahead of time. This recipe makes for an amazing Thanksgiving pie. Assemble the pie then wrap it really well in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To thaw: place the wrapped pie in the fridge overnight.
- 5 minutes to make the crust
- 5 minutes to make the peanut butter filling
- 5 minutes to make whipped cream topping
- 4-8 hours to chill in the fridge
Want to save time? Use a pre-made crust like an chocolate oreo crust or premade graham cracker crust.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Tips
Blend the entire oreo (the cream and the cookies) when making the crust.
I recommend using creamy peanut butter, not natural peanut butter as it can separate.
Use a sharp, skinny knife to cut the pie into pieces.
Top no bake peanut butter pie with chopped peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chocolate sauce, melted peanut butter, chocolate shavings, or any of your favorite toppings!
Easy Peanut Butter Pie Recipe FAQs
I’ve only used creamy peanut butter, but if you like the added crunch of crunchy peanut butter, you can definitely use that!
Yes. The recipe contains cream cheese and cool whip, which need to be stored in the fridge for best results.
When covered and stored properly, this pie will last for up to 5 days in the fridge. However, it’s so good, you might eat the whole thing right away!
Yes. You can either freeze the pie to enjoy it as a frozen dessert or you can freeze the pie to store it for later. To freeze, assemble the pie then wrap it really well in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Peanut Butter Desserts
Peanut Butter Pie with Cool Whip
- 1 package oreos, 14.3 oz
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted, 1/2 stick
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 container cool whip, 8 oz, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Process the oreos in a food processor or blender until fine crumbs remain. In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreos with the melted butter. Press this mixture evenly into a 9 or 10 inch pie pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to pack the crust down. Place the crust in the fridge to chill until ready to fill.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the cool whip and mix on low until combined. Spread this mixture over the crust. Cover the pie pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Before serving the pie – place a metal or glass mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoop-able with a spoon and holds its shape.
- Spoon onto the pie and top with chopped reese’s cups.