S’mores Rice Krispie Treats
Turn regular rice krispie treats into S’MORES rice krispie treats by adding crushed graham crackers, chocolate chips and a marshmallow fluff frosting! These no bake s’mores bars are one of our favorite rice crispy treat variations!
S’MORES – summer’s best dessert, right?!
They are definitely a summer staple, but I’m glad the flavors of graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate aren’t limited to just the summer.
While this rice krispie s’mores recipe is no bake and perfect for summer, I can see myself pulling this recipe out whenever I’m headed to a party because these s’mores bars will feed a crowd!
It’s basically a glorified version of rice krispies! I love that there are so many rice krispie treats variations!
By the way, do you call them rice krispie treats or rice crispy treats?
Either name, they are great! We also love adding peanut butter to make peanut butter rice krispie treats!
Ingredients for s’mores rice crispy treats
- Rice krispie cereal
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- Graham crackers
- Marshmallow fluff
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla extract
How to make s’mores rice krispie treats
The base of the recipe is the same as rice krispies -melt butter and marshmallows on the stove top, then combine with rice krispie cereal but add in crushed graham crackers and chocolate chips when mixing everything together and we just upped the game!
That alone is drool worthy. BUT there’s a marshmallow icing that makes my heart melt. After all that is assembled in a 9×13 inch pan, cut the s’mores bars into squares then top each with a hershey’s chocolate bar and crushed graham crackers.
Can I skip the marshmallow frosting?
Totally! These bars can stand on their own without the frosting.
But make some of that marshmallow fluff buttercream sometime and spread it on a chocolate cupcake.
Can you freeze rice krispie s’mores bar treats?
YES, friends you can! Cut the no bake s’mores bars into squares, then wrap each square with plastic wrap. Be sure to use enough wrap so each bar is thoroughly covered. Then place the bars in a ziploc bag, remove the air and store in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.
To thaw the bars, place the bag on the counter and let it come to room temperature.
I do want to note that the marshmallow frosting will get a little messy when removing the plastic wrap. You can freeze these s’mores bars with or without the frosting.
More S’mores Desserts
S’mores Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers, equal to 1 sleeve
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ bags mini marshmallows, 10 oz each
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, 1/2 stick
- 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks, room temperature
- 13 oz jar marshmallow fluff
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Hershey’s bars
- Crushed graham cracker crumbs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rice krispie cereal, crushed graham crackers and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a medium sized pot over low heat on the stove, melt the marshmallows and butter until gooey. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal & crushed graham crackers, mix until well coated. Transfer to a 9×13 inch pan and press into the pan. Use a little bit of non-stick cooking spray on your hands to press evenly into the pan. Allow the bars to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until fluffy – 1 minute. Add in the marshmallow fluff, beat again until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, mixing one last time with the mixer.
- Spread the frosting over the s’mores bars. Cut into squares. Top each with a hershey’s chocolate bar and graham cracker crumbs.
Love your site! Recipes are well written, pictures are helpful, and all delicious! Great job!
Thank you Robin!
This is a family favorite in my house! It’s always requested that I bring this to family gatherings. So easy, and super tasty! Sometimes I stretch the recipe and make more thin bars.