An easy S’mores recipe and one of our favorite desserts to make all year round.
S’mores Bites are a twist on the classic s’mores dessert, make these mini s’mores in the oven!
Making and enjoying s’mores is a summer classic. But what do you do if you don’t have access to a fire pit to make them the old fashion way?
Well you get a bit creative- you can use the grill, the microwave, the stove, and dare I say a candle!
This recipe for S’mores Bites incorporates the 3 key ingredients that everyone loves, but is way more portable to bring to a party than a fire pit!
Why You’ll Love It
- 5 ingredients
- incorporates the classic s’mores flavor
- perfect to serve at a party
- a unique twist on original bonfire s’mores
I wouldn’t say s’mores bites are less messy than the original s’mores, perhaps a bit fancier, in which case we suggest that you devour them with your pinky finger out and with a napkin on your lap. Just joking!
What You’ll Need
For the full ingredient list and instructions, scroll down to the recipe card.
- graham crackers
- powdered sugar
- hershey’s chocolate bars
- large marshmallows
The only special tool you need to make this smores bite recipe is a mini muffin pan!
How to make S’mores Bites
Graham cracker layer
Finely crush the graham crackers into crumbs.
Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and melted butter into a small bowl.
Evenly divide the crumb mixture into a mini muffin pan, grease slightly before using. Press crumbs down to form shallow cups. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are golden.
This photo shows the bites post-baking and in the process of putting the chocolate squares on.
Remove the pan from the oven and place one Hershey’s bar into each cup.
Cut the large marshmallows in half. Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup.
Once you added the marshmallows, then they go back in the oven.
The ‘hardest’ part of this recipe is probably crushing the graham crackers, which I did with my slap chop because I didn’t want to dirty up my food processor.
Total Time Required
- 5 minutes to prep the crust
- 5 minutes to pre-bake the crust
- 4 minutes to add the chocolate and marshmallows
- 2-4 minutes to bake until gooey
Marshmallow Cutting Tip
This is the easiest, non-sticky way to cut marshmallows in half. Dip scissors in a glass of water before cutting each marshmallow. The water will prevent the marshmallow from sticking to the scissors.
After finishing up your S’mores Bites, eat the leftover Hershey’s bars or you could save them for your next real bonfire!
More Dessert Recipes
- 7 whole graham crackers, equals 1 cup, finely crushed
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (I used hershey's), divided into rectangles, 1.55 oz each
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Finely crush the graham crackers into crumbs, using whatever method you want. I used my slap chop, but a food processor would work or even putting them in a plastic bag and smashing.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and melted butter into a small bowl.
- Evenly divide crumb mixture into each cup of a 24 cup mini muffin pan, grease slightly before using. Press crumbs down to form shallow cups.
- Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are golden.
- While that’s baking, break the candy breaks into the divided rectangle pieces. Also cut the marshmallows in half using a scissors that has been sitting in cold water.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place one chocolate rectangle into each cup.
- Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup.
- Return to oven for 2-4 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened.
- If you’d like the tops to be brown, turn the oven to broil, and broil the s’mores bites for 1-2 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before carefully removing them from the pan.