Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
VIDEO RECIPE! Learn how to make mini chocolate cheesecakes!
Everyone needs a classic chocolate cheesecake recipe, don’t you think?
Mini cheesecakes are some of my favorite because they are less time consuming then a regular cheesecake. Plus a regular cheesecake requires a springform pan which I wouldn’t consider one of the most common kitchen items. I never owned a springform pan until 3 years after I started this blog.
But I would guess that almost everyone owns a muffin pan, so it’s the perfect tool to utilize to make cheesecakes!
I paired these mini chocolate cheesecakes with a graham cracker crust but you could easily swap in a chocolate graham cracker crust or an oreo crust. You the same amount of crumbs – 1 cup.
To prepare the cheesecake, line a muffin pan with muffin liners. I use paper liners and have never had a problem removing them after baking. You could also use foil liners if you’d like, but it’s not necessary.
Once you mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter, put 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of that mixture into each muffin cup. I find that it’s easiest to use a 1/3 cup to firmly press the crumbs into the pan. You’ll need to pre-bake the crust for 5 minutes.
While the crust is pre-baking, follow the directions in the recipe box to make the chocolate cheesecake. Add a little more than 2 tablespoons of cheesecake batter to each muffin cup and bake for 15-17 minutes.
Once they come out of the oven, allow them to cool to room temperature then chill them for 2 hours (or longer – sometimes I just let them chill overnight). And I just keep the mini cheesecakes in the pan and place the whole pan in the fridge to chill.
Now comes the fun part. You can serve them without any additional toppings or you can add cool whip, strawberries, chocolate chips, chocolate ganache, strawberry puree, whatever you want!
Any way you choose to top them I know they will be good!!
Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
Yield: 12 mini cheesecakes
Total Time:30 minutes
These are the BEST mini chocolate cheesecakes! 15 minutes to bake and you can add any toppings you want. Learn our tricks for making perfect chocolate cheesecakes.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 & 1/2 packages cream cheese, (8 oz size) softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, added one at a time
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Line a regular sized muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until it resembles coarse sand.
- Put 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp of graham cracker crumbs in each muffin cup.
- Use a 1/3 cup (or similar) to press the crumbs down firmly into the pan.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool while prepping the cheesecake.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the melted chocolate.
- Place a little more than 2 tbsp of cheesecake batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is only slightly jiggly.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool to room temperature then place them in the fridge for at least 2 hours to chill before serving. If refrigerating overnight, loosely cover the cheesecakes in plastic wrap. You can serve them without any additional toppings or you can add cool whip, strawberries, chocolate chips, chocolate ganache, strawberry puree, whatever you want!