No Bake Cheesecake
Learn how to make fool proof no bake cheesecake without condensed milk or gelatin that is fluffy and rich! This can be served with any topping – fresh fruit, cherry pie filling, or chocolate ganache!
Make this Philadelphia no bake cheesecake with cool whip or homemade whipped cream. Plus we’ll tell you how to cut clean cheesecake slices!
Similar to our homemade brownie recipe, it took me over a week to perfect this Philadelphia no bake cheesecake.
Recipe testing is no joke!
I was running into an issue with the mixture where it wasn’t setting because the cream wasn’t whipping enough, so I altered my technique and now the result is the fluffiest no bake cheesecake!
I’m here to show you that you can make fluffy, thick, no bake cheesecake that you can cut into slices and will hold their shape!
I learned that it’s all about HOW you incorporate the ingredients.
How to make fool proof no bake cheesecake
Learn from my mistakes. I tested this recipe 3 times (and it failed) because I couldn’t get the cheesecake to become firm enough. WHY? I wasn’t incorporating the ingredients in the best method.
For easy no bake cheesecake without gelatin, I learned that you need to whip the cream cheese & powdered sugar separately from the heavy whipping cream.
Step 1 – Beat the cream cheese
Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar for 1-2 minutes, until creamy
Step 2 – Make whipped cream
Beat the heavy whipping cream, remaining powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a separate bowl that has been CHILLED in the freezer. Beat until stiff peaks form, meaning the whipped cream is thick and holds its shape.
Step 3 – Combine
Then add the creamy cream cheese to the whipped cream and mix them together on low speed for 30 seconds or just until you can’t tell which is the cream cheese and which is the whipped cream.
The result should be a thick, fluffy, mixture that holds its shape very well.
Step 4 – The chilling period
No bake cheesecake filling needs to be chilled in the fridge for at least 6 hours, but I prefer overnight. The chilling period helps the cheesecake to set and thicken, which is very crucial for cutting clean cheesecake slices.
Commonly Asked Questions
How long does no bake cheesecake keep in the fridge?
You can store no bake cheesecake covered in the fridge for up to 5 days. Putting the cheesecake inside a cake keeper works great or you can cover the top with aluminum foil.
Can I substitute cool whip in place of homemade whipped cream?
Yes, you can. Although I love the taste that the homemade whipped creams gives to the recipe and it really helps to thicken the cheesecake, you can use two 8 oz containers of cool whip.
Can I use a store bought crust?
Yes! Any store bought graham cracker crust will work!
Can you freeze a no bake cheesecake?
Let’s tease this question apart. I do not recommend freezing the cheesecake in order to speed up the chilling process that happens in the fridge. Freezing the cheesecake will change the texture.
However, you can freeze the entire cheesecake to use at a later point in time. Make sure the cheesecake is wrapped well in plastic wrap and placed in a ziploc bag or wrap the plastic wrap with aluminum foil. To thaw the cheesecake, remove it from the freezer and remove all the wrapping. Place the cheesecake inside a cake keeper and keep it in the fridge overnight to thaw.
What hand mixer do you recommend?
I love my 9 speed kitchen aid hand mixer!
How to cut clean cheesecake slices
In order to cut perfectly crisp slices, be sure to clean your knife after every single cut. It can be annoying, but you will have the most perfect slices!
Top this cheesecake with our homemade strawberry sauce.
More recipes that use cream cheese
- Oreo Earthquake Cake
- Mini Cheesecakes with Reese’s Cup Bottom
- No Bake Oreo Pie
- Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Pie
No Bake Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs about 9 graham crackers
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted 3/4 stick
No Bake Cheesecake Filling
- 2 packages full fat cream cheese 8 oz each, room temperature
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream equal to 1 pint
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar divided into 1 cup and 1/2 cup
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Before you begin
- Place a metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes. This is used for the filling.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- In a mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Stir together until a thick mixture forms.
- Press the crust into an un-greased 8 or 9 inch springform pan. You can also use a pie pan. Use your fingers and the bottom of a flat cup (I like to use my 1/2 measuring cup) to evenly distribute the crust on the bottom and the sides of the pan. Make sure the crust mixture is really compacted.
- Place the crust in the freeze for 15 minutes before adding the filling. If you’re preparing the crust days or hours in advance, cover with foil or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
No bake cheesecake filling
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove the metal mixing bowl from the freezer. Add the heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, fresh lemon juice and vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer until the whipping cream has stiff peaks, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese to the whipped cream and mix them together on low speed for 30 seconds or just until you can’t tell which is the cream cheese and which is the whipped cream. Alternatively, you can fold them together with a spatula.
- Scoop the filling into the crust and smooth with a offset spatula. Cover in a cake keeper or with foil and place in the fridge to set for at least 6 hours – overnight if preferred.
- Before serving, remove the outer ring of the springform pan. Use a sharp knife to cut the cheesecake into slices. In order to cut perfectly crisp slices, be sure to clean your knife after every single cut. It can be annoying, but you will have the most perfect slices!
- How long does no bake cheesecake keep in the fridge?
- Can I substitute cool whip in place of homemade whipped cream?
- Can I use a store bought crust?
- Can you freeze a no bake cheesecake?
- How to cut clean cheesecake slices?