This recipe for S’mores Bars is a part of the #LetsMakeSmores campaign and has been compensated by #CollectiveBias. As always, all opinions are my own, and thank you for supporting the organizations that make it possible for me to continue to provide quality content to you! #sponsored
If I gave you graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate bars – what would you make?
S’mores! Easy answer, right? Now.. let’s pretend you don’t have a campfire or fire pit. I bet that wouldn’t stop you from sandwiching a marshmallow and chocolate bar in-between two graham crackers. I know it wouldn’t stop me! I don’t need my marshmallow to be toasty and my chocolate to my melty to enjoy a s’more.
S’mores are so good and such a classic summer treat, we wanted to come up with another way to enjoy graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows together. And no fire is required for this recipe! We wanted to stay true to the original s’more so we created a recipe that only uses graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate, and one secret ingredient – butter!
These S’mores Bars are a fun twist on rice crispy bars but instead of cereal, you use graham crackers! They are the perfect thing to bring to summertime parties because you can whip up a whole pan in 10 minutes! Way easier than toting around a portable campfire, unless you have an expanding purse like Hermione :)
I knew these S’mores Bars would be the perfect dessert to bring to the work picnic Ryan and I were invited to. I picked up everything I needed, Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares, Kraft’s Jet Puffed Marshmallows, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars and butter at Walmart.
They are a cinch to make, just follow our step by step photos.
Yield: one 9x13 inch pan
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 box of Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares
- 1, 16oz, bag of Kraft’s Jet Puffed Marshmallows
- 4 Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars, broken into smaller pieces
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Break the graham crackers into smaller pieces. Place in a bowl.
- Break the chocolate bars into smaller pieces. Place in a separate bowl.
- In a large pot over low heat, combine the butter and all of the marshmallows except reserve 1/3 cup for later. Stir until the mixture is melted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add in the graham crackers and stir to mix.
- Add in the chocolate pieces and remaining marshmallows, stir to mix.
- Evenly press the s’mores bars into the pan and allow them to cool before cutting.