No Bake Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars
A simple no bake recipe for butterscotch marshmallow bars with coconut and walnuts! This is a classic holiday no bake treat!
I’m not the biggest fan of butterscotch.
I’m actually the type of person who would prefer to make special k bars without the butterscotch chips.
But, oh man, has my mind changed about butterscotch when it comes to these bars!!
I’m convinced that it has to do something with the combo of peanut butter, marshmallows and butterscotch all together that make the butterscotch less butterscotch-y.. which in my opinion is usually too sweet. Instead all I taste is creamy, marshmallowy goodness with a subtle crunch from the walnuts.
This recipe can go by a lot of different names – peanut butter marshmallow bars or squares, no bake nut goodie bars, and confetti squares, although I think those are generally made with the fruity marshmallows.
Whatever you choose to call them, they are a popular dessert to make for the holidays and to include in cookie tins!
- butterscotch chips
- creamy peanut butter
- mini marshmallows
- shredded coconut
It’s a quick recipe that comes together within 5 minutes and probably takes about an hour to set before you can cut them into bars. But you can speed up the cooling time by sticking the bars in the fridge! Or if you’re a midwesterner, you can put them in your garage or on your porch, which acts as a second fridge all winter season.
How To Make Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, combine the butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips. Stir frequently until the mixture is completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in coconut, walnuts, and marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into an un-greased 9×13 inch pan and spread to even it out. Put the pan in the refrigerate to set for 1 hour, then cut into bars.
Substitute mini colored marshmallows for the regular mini marshmallows.
You can also omit the walnuts and coconut if desired.
How To Store
Store these Christmas butterscotch marshmallow bars in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
For a step-by-step of how to make this no bake butterscotch marshmallow bar recipe, watch this short video:
More Christmas Treats
- Sticky Paws Williams Sonoma Copycat
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Peppermint Kiss Oreo Balls
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
Subscribe to The First Year newsletter to get our recipes sent to your inbox! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Youtube. If you make this recipe, tag @beth_thefirstyear on instagram!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural)
- 11 oz package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 10 oz package mini marshmallows
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, combine the butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips. Stir frequently until the mixture is completely melted. Remove from the heat and stir in coconut, walnuts, and marshmallows. Pour the mixture into an ungreased 9x13 inch pan and spread to even it out. Put the pan in the refrigerate to set, then cut into bars.