If you love chocolate and peanut butter, you’ll love Reese’s Bars with sweetened condensed milk. This is an easy party dessert known as Reese’s Magic Bars!
Reese’s Bars overview..
- the ultimate chocolate and peanut butter dessert
- starts with a box of brownie mix
- add in chopped peanut butter cups and peanut butter chips
- made in a 9×13 inch pan
I think you will really like these reese’s bars. Whoever came up with the idea of pouring sweetened condensed milk on top of brownies is a genius.
Yeah, you’re just adding more sweet on top of sweet, but it’s magical, hence the name reese’s MAGIC bars.
This is the perfect magic bar recipe for those of us who can’t get enough peanut butter and chocolate!
- one box of 19 or 19.1 oz brownie mix (be sure to check the oz!)
- vegetable oil
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
- peanut butter chips
- sweetened condensed milk
- 10 minutes to prepare the brownies
- 30 minutes to bake
- 20-30 minutes to cool before slicing
Two important recipe notes!
First – please, please remember to line your 9×13 inch pan with foil!! I will admit that I forgot that step in the video, but lining the pan will make your job a whole lot easier when taking the bars out of the pan!
Second – it is crucial to use at least a 19 oz box of brownie mix. I first tried it with a 18.3 oz box of brownie mix and it turned out wonky. Ghirardelli makes 19 oz boxes, and Betty Crocker makes some 19.1 oz boxes.
And lastly – want to use more then 6 reese’s cups? That’s a great idea!!
How To Store Magic Bars
Store these peanut butter cup brownies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
More Reese’s Desserts
- Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- 1 box 19 or 19.1 oz brownie mix, be sure to check the oz!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened, 1/2 cup
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 6 Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped (regular size, more if using mini’s)
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk, use about 3/4 of the can
- **Do not follow the directions on the back of the brownie box**
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9×13 inch pan with aluminum foil, spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, egg, vegetable oil and brownie mix. The mixture will be thick! Then evenly press the brownie mixture into the prepared 9×13 inch pan. Tip: spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray and then press the brownie mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped reese’s peanut butter cups and the peanut butter chips evenly over the brownie.
- Evenly drizzle about 3/4 of the can of sweetened condensed milk over the brownie, stop when you can still see some of the brownie base.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until the center of the bars are set. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool, then put the pan in the fridge to cool completely before cutting the bars. For easy slicing, lift the aluminum foil out of the pan.
- Please, please remember to line your 9×13 inch pan with foil!! I will admit that I forgot that step in the video, but lining the pan will make your job a whole lot easier when taking the bars out of the pan!
- It is crucial to use at least a 19 or 19.1 oz box of brownie mix. I first tried it with a 18.3 oz box of brownie mix and it turned out wonky. Ghirardelli makes 19 oz boxes, and Betty Crocker makes some 19.1 oz boxes.