This smores cookies recipe is a delicious dessert that combines the classic flavors of s’mores in a gooey cookie. S’mores cookies are made with graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows.
To make s’mores cookies, graham cracker crumbs are mixed with flour, sugar, and butter to create a cookie dough. Chocolate chips are added to the dough to give it a rich, chocolatey flavor. Mini marshmallows are then added to the dough balls before baking.
Once baked, the s’mores cookies have a crispy texture from the pieces of graham cracker and a gooey marshmallows throughout. Gooey chocolate and marshmallow, graham cracker pieces, need I say more? Say hello to your new favorite cookies!
Why You’ll Love These S’mores Cookies
- Quick and easy recipe
- Ready in just 20 minutes
- Delicious smores flavor
- Fun twist on the classic s’mores
When it comes to chocolate in smores cookies, you have a few options! You can use chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet, etc), chocolate chunks, or chopped Hersheys bars!
What You’ll Need for these Smores Cookies
Made with a graham cracker-infused cookie dough, studded with chocolate chips and gooey melted marshmallow bits, every bite will transport you to a cozy campfire night. Get the full measurements in the recipe card below.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter – Make sure it’s softened!
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Semi-sweet chocolate chunks – You can also use semi-sweet chocolate chips!
- Mini marshmallows – You can use large marshmallows torn into small pieces.
How to Make S’mores Cookies
Indulge in the ultimate traditional s’mores experience with these fantastic s’mores cookies! Get the full recipe in the recipe card below.
Preheat oven and prepare baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
Combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Combine wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy, 60-90 seconds.
Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
Add the flour mixture. Add the dry ingredients and the crunchy graham crackers, and mix until completely combined.
Fold in the chocolate chunks. Add chocolate chunks, then use a medium cookie scoop to create even dough balls. Fold in 4-5 mini marshmallows into each dough ball.
Bake cookies. Place 6 cookie dough balls onto each prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven when the cookies begin to brown.
Cool. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Tips for the Best S’mores Cookies
Make sure to measure your flour correctly for the best cookies! Fluff up your flour with a spoon before adding it to your measuring cup so it isn’t compacted. Then you can use a knife to level off the flour and end up with the perfect amount.
Make sure your butter is room temperature. Room temperature butter is the right consistency to create pockets of air with the sugar and flour so your cookie can be fluffy.
Don’t leave out the brown sugar for this recipe. Brown sugar contributes to both the flavor and the moisture level of these cookies. I don’t recommend using only white sugar for these chocolate chip marshmallow cookies.
Don’t overcrowd your cookies on the baking sheet. Be sure to give your dough balls room to expand as they cook.
Serving & Storing Suggestions
You can serve smores cookies fresh and warm, cold, or at room temperature, whichever you prefer. I like s’mores cookies reheated if they are not fresh out of the oven. To reheat a single cookie, pop it in the microwave on a paper towel for 5 seconds at a time until warm. If you want to reheat a batch of s’mores cookies, lay out some parchment paper on a baking sheet and place your cookies on the sheet. In a 300-degree preheated oven, reheat the cookies for about 5 minutes or until they are warm all the way through.
After you allow these gooey s’mores cookies to cool completely, store them in an airtight container or zip-top bags for best results. You can also freeze these cookies. Either freeze cooled cookies in an airtight container or freeze the s’mores cookie dough to make your cookies later.
For a gooeier cookie, add an extra egg yolk. Egg yolks are high in fat, which will make for a more moist and chewy cookie.
Smores cookies are made of graham crackers, chocolate chunks, and marshmallows for that classic flavor in chewy s’mores cookies.
To prevent marshmallows from melting out of your cookies, create a dough ball from cookie dough and then fold marshmallows inside of the dough balls. The trick is to add enough so that they can’t all soak into the cookie. 4-5 marshmallows in the center will do the trick.
More S’mores Recipes
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour, 160 grams
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened 1 stick
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips, or chopped Hershey's Bars
- ⅔ cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy, 60-90 seconds.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and graham cracker crumbs, mix until completely combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks. Use a medium cookie scoop to create even dough balls. Fold in 4-5 mini marshmallows into each dough ball.
- Place 6 cookie dough balls onto each prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven when the cookies begin to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.