Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Pie
This recipe was updated March 2016 with new photos but it’s the same great recipe!
This is my first ever homemade pie. What do you think? Well, it looked pretty good so I decided to have a piece at 9 in the morning when I was doing this photo shoot :) It seemed like a good way to celebrate my first homemade pie!
I decided to keep this no bake reese’s peanut butter cup chocolate pie recipe ridiculously simple. No baking, no pie crust, no lattice to weave. If you can press, pour and chop, I know you can recreate this in your kitchen!
8 ingredient peanut butter cup pie
You’ll need oreos, butter, creamy peanut butter, cream cheese, cool whip, heavy cream, chocolate chips, and REESE’S!
How to make Peanut Butter Cup Pie
A simple breakdown
1. pulse the oreos into crumbs, combine with melted butter and press that into the pie pan
2. mix the peanut butter filling and pour that into the pie pan
3. pour chocolate ganache on top of the filling
4. chop as many peanut butter cups as you want and put them on top of the pie
5. refrigerate or freeze until set
Gluten free reese’s peanut butter pie with oreo crust
It was really easy to make this Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Pie gluten free by using gluten free oreos for the crust. All of the other ingredients in the recipe are naturally gluten free, but sadly not calorie free, haha.
Frozen or refrigerated peanut butter cup pie?
Now that I’ve made this pie a few times, I’ve discovered that I prefer it frozen rather then just refrigerated. Even when “frozen” the filling is still creamy and easy to cut through, the only thing that gives a little trouble to cut through is the oreo crust. But I figure I can dish out a little elbow grease for a piece of pie.
I’m pre-planning for my birthday (in July 😂) and there is no need for birthday cake when you can have this Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Pie!
Subscribe to The First Year newsletter to get our recipes sent to your inbox! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Youtube. If you make this recipe, tag @beth_thefirstyear on instagram!
- 1 package oreos (14.3 oz)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 container Cool Whip (8 oz), thawed
- 1 & 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, some cut in half, others chopped
- Process the oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs remain. In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreos with the melted butter. Press this mixture evenly into a 10 inch pie pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the cool whip and stir with a spatula until mixed. Spread this mixture on the crust and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium heat-proof bowl.
- In a small pot over low heat, heat the heavy cream until just before boiling.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to come to room temperature before adding it to the pie.
- Before the chocolate hardens, add the peanut butter cups. Start by adding the halved peanut butter cups around the edges, placing them as close or as far apart as you want. Then add chopped peanut butter cups to the center of the pie.
- Cover the pie with tinfoil and return to the freezer or fridge for 1-2 hours. Before serving, remove the pie from the freezer and let it sit for a few minutes to make cutting it easier. Cover and freeze or refrigerate any leftovers.
Easily make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free oreos!