Want our top 10 essential dessert recipes?
Get our favorite classic recipes in your inbox! It’s 100% free, but we might make you hungry!
No Bake M&M Pie
There is such a variety of m&m’s now! I decided to use mini m&m’s for this pie, with a few peanut m&ms on the top of the whipped cream swirls. But you can use which ever are your favorite!
To make this M&M pie a little more fun I decided to incorporate mini M&Ms into the oreo crust. Totally optional.
I forgot how thick the oreo crust is in this recipe! It’s almost a mile high if you use the whole package of oreos. However, if you want more of an average crust, I would suggest only using half the package of oreos and 1/2 stick of butter.
We’ve made these pies (the oreo one, the peanut butter cup one) several times and I’ve discovered that I prefer them frozen rather then just refrigerated. Even when “frozen” the filling is still creamy and easy to cut through, the only thing that gives a little trouble to cut through is the oreo crust. But I figure I can dish out a little elbow grease for a piece of pie.
Pro tip: pull the pie out of the freezer 30 minutes before serving and that will make it easier to slice!
It can be really easy to make this no bake M&M pie gluten free by using gluten free oreos for the crust. All of the other ingredients in the recipe are naturally gluten free, but sadly not calorie free, haha.
No Bake M&M Pie
Yield: one 9-10 inch pie
- 1 package oreos for crust (a whole package of oreos makes a really thick crust FYI!)
- 1/3 cup M&Ms, chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 2 packages cream cheese, 8 oz each
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 container cool whip, 8 oz
- 1/4 cup mini M&Ms
- 1 & 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
For the topping
- additional m&ms
- whipped cream swirls (heavy cream + powdered sugar)
- Process the oreos in a food processor or blender until fine crumbs remain. In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreos with the melted butter and mini m&ms. Press this mixture evenly into a 10 inch pie pan. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Mix in the cool whip and mini M&MS, until combined. Spread this mixture on the crust and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium heat-proof bowl. In a small pot over low heat, heat the heavy cream until just before boiling. Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to stand for 1-2 minutes. Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth. Allow the ganache to come to room temperature before adding it to the pie.
- Before the chocolate hardens, add mini M&Ms to the top of the pie. I also added dollops of whipped cream.
- Cover the pie with tinfoil and return to the freezer for 4 hours or overnight. Before serving, remove the pie from the freezer and let it sit for a few minutes to make cutting it easier. Cover and freeze or refrigerate any leftovers.