No Bake M&M Pie
The best no bake M&M pie! With an oreo crust, peanut butter cream cheese filling, chocolate ganache, and of course lots of M&MS!
There is such a variety of m&m’s now! I decided to use mini m&m’s for this pie, with a few peanut m&ms on the top of the whipped cream swirls. But you can use which ever are your favorite!
To make this M&M pie a little more fun I decided to incorporate mini M&Ms into the oreo crust. Totally optional.
I forgot how thick the oreo crust is in this recipe! It’s almost a mile high if you use the whole package of oreos. However, if you want more of an average crust, I would suggest only using half the package of oreos and 1/2 stick of butter.
We’ve made these pies (the oreo one, the peanut butter cup one) several times and I’ve discovered that I prefer them frozen rather then just refrigerated. Even when “frozen” the filling is still creamy and easy to cut through, the only thing that gives a little trouble to cut through is the oreo crust. But I figure I can dish out a little elbow grease for a piece of pie.
Pro tip: pull the pie out of the freezer 30 minutes before serving and that will make it easier to slice!
It can be really easy to make this no bake M&M pie gluten free by using gluten free oreos for the crust. All of the other ingredients in the recipe are naturally gluten free, but sadly not calorie free, haha.
M&M Pie Video
No Bake M&M Pie
- 1 package oreos for crust, a whole package of oreos makes a really thick crust FYI!
- ⅓ cup M&Ms, chopped
- 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup
- 2 packages cream cheese, 8 oz each
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 container cool whip, 8 oz
- ¼ cup mini M&Ms
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
For the topping
- additional m&ms
- whipped cream swirls, heavy cream + powdered sugar
- Process the oreos in a food processor or blender until fine crumbs remain. In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreos with the melted butter and mini m&ms. Press this mixture evenly into a 10 inch pie pan. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Mix in the cool whip and mini M&MS, until combined. Spread this mixture on the crust and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium heat-proof bowl. In a small pot over low heat, heat the heavy cream until just before boiling. Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to stand for 1-2 minutes. Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth. Allow the ganache to come to room temperature before adding it to the pie.
- Before the chocolate hardens, add mini M&Ms to the top of the pie. I also added dollops of whipped cream.
- Cover the pie with tinfoil and return to the freezer for 4 hours or overnight. Before serving, remove the pie from the freezer and let it sit for a few minutes to make cutting it easier. Cover and freeze or refrigerate any leftovers.