Want our top 10 essential dessert recipes?
Get our favorite classic recipes in your inbox! It’s 100% free, but we might make you hungry!
No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Shamrock Cheesecake
I raved about them yesterday. I know, you might be thinking.. “Beth, you are crazy, making your own homemade shamrock marshmallows!”
Well, I think you’re crazy for not wanting to try them. If we were neighbors I would make you a batch and we could sip on hot cocoa munching marshmallows together. Actually, I would probably talk you into helping me shovel the 10 inches of snow that fell overnight in exchange for marshmallows, of course.
Today’s post is supposed to be about the no bake mint chocolate chip cheesecake. And if you are a no bake cheesecake fan like me, then you’ll love it.
This recipe is especially great for St. Patrick’s Day because it’s a super quick green dessert that you can whip up in under one hour.
Of course you don’t have to top your mint chocolate chip cheesecakes with mint chocolate chip marshmallows, but I couldn’t resist. The only thing that’s better than mint chocolate chip is more mint chocolate chip. Think about eating a mint chocolate brownie with a scoop of mint chip ice cream, that’s a good combo, so I know this is a good combo :)
- 10 oreos, pulsed into crumbs
- 12 oz cream cheese (1 and 1/2 packages) softened
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup cool whip
- green food coloring, to get desired green color
- mini chocolate chips, for topping
- cool whip, for topping
- optional: mint chocolate chip shamrock marshmallows
- Using a blender or small food processor, pulse 10 oreos until you have crumbs. Evenly divide the crumbs among 4 glasses.
- In a mixing bow, combine the softened cream cheese and sugar. Beat until fluffy with an electric mixer. Add in the peppermint extract and cool whip, mix again until combined. Add in a few drops of green food coloring and mix using a spatula, not the mixer.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake mixture in the mixing bowl for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, spoon or pipe using a piping bag the cheesecake mixture into the glasses.
- Top each cheesecake with mini chocolate chips.
- Garnish with a dollop of cool whip and a mint chocolate chip shamrock marshmallow if desired.