New Year’s Eve Cheesecake Ball
The final recipe of 2016!
We’ve have a lot of New Year’s Eve themed recipes to make your evening special. See our recipes for champagne jello cups, easy champagne cupcakes, white chocolate gold puppy chow, midnight kiss cookies, and white chocolate raspberry dessert mousse.
If you don’t like sprinkles, I don’t think you’ll like this recipe.
But I will say that the gold sprinkles are what makes this recipe extra fun!!
Although, I could have possibly gone overboard with the sprinkles for the photo shoot. What I would do in real life versus what I’d do for a photo shoot are different at times. So know that you can make this recipe with less sprinkles.
When I told Ryan what I was making (a dessert cheese ball) he was really confused. And he thought there was real cheese in it. Eewww.
A dessert cheese ball shares only one similarity with a regular cheese ball – they are both balls. Otherwise a regular cheese ball does have cheese in it and it’s more of a savory snack and a dessert cheese ball has cream cheese in it plus lots of other delicious stuff like peanut butter, powdered sugar, and chocolate. It’s sweet so people have taken to calling them dessert cheese balls.
This recipe is easy to prepare. You could make it 10 minutes before a party or 5 hours before.
You’ll mix the softened cream cheese and peanut butter together.
Then add the melted chocolate, vanilla extract and powdered sugar. I like to mix with a spatula first so the powdered sugar doesn’t poof up in my face. Then beat with an electric mixer to make sure it’s well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips and you’re done!
Put a piece of plastic wrap on the table and sprinkle gold sprinkles over the plastic. Place the cheesecake mixture in the center and form a ball, covering the ball in sprinkles. Add more sprinkles as needed. Refrigerate until ready to serve. When ready to serve, place the cheesecake ball on a plate with crackers/cookies surrounding it.
Video Recipe! See how to make this New Year’s Eve Cheesecake Ball!
- 8 oz cream cheese, soft
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Gold gem sprinkles
- Chocolate graham cracker sticks, or something similar to serve with the cheesecake ball
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter with an electric mixer for 1 minutes, until fluffy.
- Add the melted chocolate, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar, mixing by hand with a spatula at first, then with the mixer. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Put a piece of plastic wrap on the table and sprinkle gold sprinkles over the plastic. Place the cheesecake mixture in the center and form a ball, covering the ball in sprinkles. Add more sprinkles as needed. Refrigerate until ready to serve. When ready to serve, place the cheesecake ball on a plate with crackers surrounding it.