Well, we put up our christmas tree..
a wooden dowel christmas tree! You see view the tutorial here. And now it’s time for holiday desserts!
The first 2 things that come to mind when I think of holiday desserts are gingerbread and peppermint. There will be plenty of tasty recipes revolving around those 2 delicious ingredients.
And I like simple. I don’t (usually) have time to bake something that calls for prepping, chilling, layers upon layers. I would rather be outside throwing snowballs, making igloos and shoveling my car out of the snow :-)
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cake & Cookie Mix, 14.5 oz
- 1/3 cup of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
- Powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the gingerbread mix, milk, and butter, stir until combined.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray, dump in the batter and soon.
- Bake for 25 minutes for until the brownies are set.
- Once they are cooled, dust with powdered sugar.
That’s right – only 4 ingredients and 5 steps! More time for trimming the tree and stuffing the stockings.
Or perhaps, you’re like me and you still can’t believe there are only 3 weeks between thanksgiving and christmas, that’s definitely not enough time to soak up the christmas magic!