Pina Colada Sangria
Easy 5 ingredient tropical pina colada sangria is a refreshing summer beverage! This boozy sangria punch makes enough to serve a crowd.
Sangria is a wine based drink with fruit that is great for serving at large gatherings
This pina colada sangria is so easy to make because we chose to use canned pineapple and jarred maraschino cherries. They are both available year round, so you can enjoy tropical sangria anytime!
Add fresh garnishes to elevate this adult beverage into something you’d be served at an ocean side resort!
Pina Colada Sangria Ingredients
- pineapple juice
- chopped pineapple
- maraschino cherries
- white wine
- coconut rum
How to Make Sangria
In a large pitcher, combine the canned chopped pineapple (and juice), white wine, coconut rum, and maraschino cherries. Stir with a spatula to combine. Refrigerate until chilled.
Short on time?
If you’d like to serve this pineapple sangria right away, use chilled wine and add lots of ice to individual serving glasses. Avoid putting the ice directly into the pitcher because it will dilute the sangria once it melts.
Want it to be bubbly?
Use sparkling wine or add club soda.
What Kind of Wine Should I Use in Sangria
This pina colada sangria recipe calls for white wine. Choose one of these recommended white wines:
- pinot grigio
- sauvignon blanc
- dry or sweet riesling
How Long Will Sangria Keep in the Fridge
Sangria is best consumed within 3 days. After that, the fruit may go bad. However, you can remove the fruit and seal the container for longer storage.
Tips for Making Sangria
- Save yourself some time and buy 2 large cans of chopped pineapple – that way you get pineapple juice and pineapple!
- If you’d like a coconut rim on your glasses, dip your glasses in a small amount of corn syrup and then dip into shredded coconut.
- Target no longer sells these pineapple straws, but Amazon does!
Pina Colada Sangria Video
Pina Colada Sangria
- 1 ½ cups pineapple juice from about 2 cans of chopped pineapple, drain to get just the juice
- 1 ½ bottles white wine 750ml each, I used moscato
- 1 cup coconut rum I used Malibu
- 1 ½ cups chopped pineapple I used canned
- ½ cup maraschino cherries with a little bit of juice
- In a large pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, white wine, coconut rum, chopped pineapple, and maraschino cherries.
- Stir to combine. If serving right away, add ice. Otherwise, refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.