Made with just 4 ingredients, these Oreo Spiders are a fun and easy Halloween dessert. No baking or cooking is required, making them a treat the entire family can enjoy making.
These Oreo spiders are one of the cutest Halloween desserts I’ve seen and with no baking or cooking, they’re also one of the easiest.
All you need is 4 ingredients and a few minutes for assembly. Since there’s no chance of little fingers touching a hot baking sheet or sneaking bits of raw cookie dough, these spider cookies are ideal for little helpers as well.
You’ll Love These Halloween Cookies Because…
Truly, there are just too many reasons to love these Oreo spiders but if I had to narrow it down to a few it would be…
- No cooking or baking. As I mentioned above, these Oreo spiders are 100% no-bake.
- Just 4 ingredients. No need to raid your pantry for this one.
- Great for parties. If you’re struggling to come up with Halloween party food ideas, you’ll need to look no further than this recipe. Everyone loves these!
- Ready in 10 minutes. The assembly for these cookies is quick and easy. In 10 minutes, you can have 24 cookies ready to enjoy.
What You’ll Need to Make Spider Cookies
This easy Oreo spiders are made with just 4 ingredients. Scroll down to the recipe box for full measurements.
- Oreos – Regular Oreos are perfect for this recipe. No need for double stuffed! If you can find orange Halloween Oreos, they are a fun touch!
- White frosting – I used a container of frosting for ease but you can make your own homemade frosting too. This Oreo frosting would add even more flavor!
- Black shoestring licorice – The licorice is used for the spider legs. Easy to buy from Amazon!
- Candy eyeballs – You can find these at a craft store with the cake baking supplies or often even in the grocery store around Halloween.
What is Black Shoestring Licorice
Shoestring licorice are thin strands of licorice candy that look like shoe laces, hence the name shoestring licorice. Some grocery stores carry it in store, otherwise it’s available on Amazon!
How to Make Oreo Spider Cookies
Here’s how to make these fun Halloween cookies without baking or cooking anything.
Prepare the frosting. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag with a round tip.
Prepare the Oreos. Untwist the Oreos.
Add frosting. Pipe a swirl of frosting to each Oreo.
Add the legs. Place 8 black licorice legs on each Oreo. (4 one each side). Replace the Oreo tops and press down gently so they stay.
Add the eyeballs. Attach the candy eyeballs to each spider with a small amount of frosting. Enjoy!
Tips and Variation Ideas
Here are a few tips for making these Oreo spiders, as well as a few ways to customize them yourself.
Use a thick frosting. For this recipe, you definitely want a frosting that will hold its shape once spread. The ones in the container at the store are perfect but homemade can be used too, just choose one that has a similar texture. I would avoid buttercream and any soft, melty frostings.
Dye the icing. Want to give these a pop of color? Use gel food coloring to dye the white frosting orange, purple, or green.
Add teeth with candy corns. If you want to make these spider cookies even cuter (is that possible?!), you can add teeth by cutting off the white tip of candy corn and using it to make teeth.
Use pretzels as legs. Not a fan of licorice? No worries. You can use stick pretzels as the legs instead.
Swap the eyes. Use M&Ms for eyeballs!
Can I Make This Halloween Dessert in Advance?
Since there’s absolutely no cooking or baking, these Oreo spider cookies are a great dessert to prepare in advance. Assemble and keep in an airtight container until serving. They’ll last on the counter for up to 5 days.
More Halloween Food
- 1 package Oreos
- 16 ounces white frosting
- Black shoestring licorice
- Candy eye balls
- Place the frosting in a piping bag fit with a round tip.
- Untwist the Oreos.
- Pipe a swirl of frosting in each Oreo.
- Add 8 black shoestring licorice legs to each Oreo, 4 on a side.
- Replace the Oreo tops, pressing down slightly.
- Use a small amount of frosting to attach candy eye balls to each spider.
- Display the Oreo spiders and enjoy!