Ghost Popcorn Balls
5 ingredient GHOST popcorn balls! Our family loved making these ghost themed halloween popcorn balls!
I am a candy eyeball hoarder! I have mini ones, regular ones, and jumbo sized ones. They are so handy and can instantly add some spooky halloween flare to anything.
One of my blogging friends made spooky ice cream sandwiches – they are regular ice cream sandwiches with lots of candy eyeballs!
I am going to give you the easiest halloween recipe: buy a package of cookie dough and add candy eye balls to the dough before baking – VOILA! Instant halloween cookies.
There are times when I want to spend more time making cute halloween treats like this awesome melted witch cake but usually we’re all looking for quick & impressive holiday recipes. We want to add some pizzazz without all the time. I’m ALL about those recipes.
Browse all of our halloween recipes right here. Most of them call for 8 ingredients or fewer and lots of them start with a box mix to make the process extra easy.
- mini marshmallows
- white candy melts
- candy eye balls
These halloween popcorn balls are FIVE ingredients! And yes I used store bought popcorn because that’s one less thing to take care of and one fewer pots to wash :)
One standard size bag of popcorn will equal about 16 cups and you’ll get about 8-10 popcorn balls out of that. But that all depends on how big each popcorn ball is.
My favorite place to buy candy eye balls is Michaels (or Amazon). They carry lots of Wilton products all year long, but during Halloween time you can find candy eye balls almost anywhere.
You can shape your popcorn balls however you want. You can make them into actual balls, or you can mix up the shapes and sizes so they have more of a ghost feel.
And it’s not just the popcorn balls that will draw people’s attention, you can display them in a fun way! You can display them in a large tray on top of halloween colored m&ms with some fake spiders added in!
More Halloween Treats
- Bubbling Witch’s Cauldron Brownies
- Spider Rice Krispie Treats
- Tombstone Oreo Balls
- Mini Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treats
- Frankenstein Pretzels
Ghost Popcorn Balls Video
- 16 cups popped popcorn (about 1 standard size bag of popcorn)
- one 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
- 1 package Wilton bright white candy melts
- candy eye balls (I used regular sized ones)
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl (or 2 large bowls to make mixing easier).
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the mini marshmallows and butter. Stir occasionally until smooth.
- Pour the melted mixture over the popcorn (dividing between 2 bowls if you divided the popcorn). Stir with a spatula until the popcorn is coated.
- Butter your hands and begin to form the popcorn into balls. You can make taller balls like the shape of a ghost, or whatever you prefer.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Allow the balls to cool and firm up. (30 minutes to 1 hour)
- Melt the white candy melts according to the package. You can add vegetable shortening or vegetable oil to help thin out the chocolate if desired. Dip the tops of the popcorn balls into the melted chocolate and return to the baking sheet. Allow the chocolate to set for 1-2 minutes before adding candy eye balls to each ball. You can try to add the eyes right away, but they may slide off if the chocolate is too hot.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving. If you'll be serving them the next day, place them in a tupperware container.
- You can display them in a fun way! You can display them in a large tray on top of halloween colored m&ms with some fake spiders added in!