Triple Chocolate Cookies
One of the best chocolate cookies – thick, chewy triple chocolate drop cookies!! These chocolate cookies have 3 kinds of chocolate in them!
Alright folks! We have been Michiganders for 10 days now. I didn’t even know that was a word until the pastor at the church we went to last Sunday used it! We have also been homeowners for 10 days.
Big 10 days, huh?
This is a recipe I tested before all the moving craziness started and it’s been sitting in the recipe vault.
Ryan and I actually just made these cookies this weekend because we’re making cookie goodie bags for our neighbors since we’re new in town and we need friends and handing out cookies is a good excuse to meet people!
This recipe isn’t quite like your traditional cookie recipe where you beat the butter and sugar together – instead you start by melting butter and chocolate together. Always a good sign, right?
But that’s how these cookies get there deep chocolate flavor! That plus the cocoa powder and chocolate chips!
I want to point out that you must refrigerate the cookie dough for about 2 hours before you’ll be able to bake them. This chilling time will produce thick batter which helps in turn to make thick, chewy cookies!
To give the cookies that “polished” look, I like to press extra chocolate chips around the outside of the dough balls before baking them.
Triple Chocolate Drop Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1 ½ sticks butter, 3/4 cup, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a small pot over medium low heat, melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until well combined. Add in the melted chocolate mixture and stir with a spatula to combine. Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, the dough will become very thick.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Using a cookie scoop drop the batter onto a silicone lined baking sheet (or greased if you don’t have a silicone baking mat), bake for 11-13 minutes or until the edges are set. Allow the cookies to cool completely.