These strawberry brownies come together easily with strawberry cake mix and a delicious homemade glaze made with strawberry preserves. The result is perfectly moist brownies bursting with strawberry flavor.
I am a huge fan of strawberry desserts, and who doesn’t love fudgy chocolate brownies? So I decided to combine the two for this strawberry brownies recipe! The same perfect fudgy texture but with strawberry flavor instead of chocolate. You’re welcome, strawberry lovers. This dessert recipe is for you!
This strawberry brownie recipe is perfect for serving for special occasions like baby showers, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, birthday parties, and wedding showers. This decadent dessert looks beautiful and tastes even better! Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sliced fresh strawberries to take this simple dessert to the next level!
Why You’ll Love These Strawberry Brownies
- Only 5 minutes of prep time
- Simple ingredients
- Delicious glaze on top of the brownies
- Bursting with strawberry flavor
What You’ll Need for this Strawberry Brownies Recipe
Strawberry homemade brownies are the perfect dessert to make when you need something easy and fast, with simple ingredients. Get the full measurements in the recipe card below.
- Large eggs
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Box strawberry cake mix
- Powdered sugar
- Strawberry preserves or jelly
How to Make Strawberry Brownies
These strawberry cake mix brownies come from a box and still have that real strawberry flavor in a moist brownie. Get more details and step-by-step instructions in the recipe card below.
Preheat oven. Heat the oven to 350ºF and line an 8×8 or 9×9 inch glass square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Combine wet ingredients. In a large bowl combine the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk with a fork to combine.
Add dry ingredients. Add in the strawberry cake flour mixture and salt. Stir with a spatula to combine, the mixture will be thick.
Transfer to pan. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, using a spatula to evenly press the mixture into the pan.
Bake. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is puffy.
Cool. Allow the brownies to cool completely before adding the glaze.
Mix ingredients. In a small mixing bowl combine the powdered sugar, strawberry preserves and milk, stirring until combined.
Spread glaze. Once the brownies are cool, spread the glaze over the brownies.
Let sit. If you let the glaze set for a few hours the brownies won’t be as messy to cut.
Tips for the Best Strawberry Brownies
- Use a Glass Pan with Parchment Paper: You can use a metal baking dish for this strawberry brownies recipe, but to get the best results, I’ve found that a glass pan with parchment paper is the best option. Once your brownies cool, you can lift the parchment paper out to easily remove the brownies from the pan.
- Cooking Times May Vary: Since cooking times might vary in different ovens, keep an eye on your brownies and test them periodically for your desired doneness. Once the edges start to pull away from the pan, do a toothpick test. If you insert a toothpick in the center of your brownie pan and it comes out clean, the brownies are ready.
- Mix on low speed: If you use an electric mixer, mix on a low speed.
These strawberry brownies are amazing on their own with the glaze on top, but here are some ideas if you want to add more mix-ins or toppings to this sweet treat:
- Top with fresh strawberry slices
- Mix in white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips or sprinkles into the strawberry brownie batter.
- Top with freeze-dried strawberries
- Instead of glaze, top with strawberry frosting or strawberry whipped cream.
Storing Strawberry Brownies
These easy strawberry brownies should be stored in an airtight container. If you use the glaze, you’ll need to store these brownies in a single layer because they’ll stick together as the glaze begins to harden. You could also put parchment paper between the brownies. They will still stick to the paper but easily peel off. Store these brownies in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Freezing Strawberry Brownies
These brownies can also be frozen and saved for later! Wrap each square individually in plastic wrap and store them in a freezer-safe airtight container for up to three months. Wrapping these individually allows you to pull out one at a time and defrost it for a snack if you want to.
More Brownie Recipes
Strawberry Brownie Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted (½ cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15.25 oz box strawberry cake mix
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp strawberry preserves or jelly
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 8×8 or 9×9 inch glass pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- Add in the strawberry cake mix and salt. Stir with a spatula to combine, the mixture will be thick.
- Transfer the batter to the pan, using a spatula to evenly press the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is puffy.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before adding the glaze.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the powdered sugar, strawberry preserves and milk, stirring until combined.
- Once the brownies are cool, spread the glaze over the brownies.
- If you let the glaze set for a few hours the brownies won’t be as messy to cut.