Double Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
These double chocolate chip M&M cookies are easy to make, only 20 minutes from start to finish. Plus no chilling of the dough! These m&m cookies are chocolate-y, chewy & soft and loaded with m&ms and chocolate chips.
How to make double chocolate chip cookies with m&ms
First, there’s no need to chill this dough before you bake it, yay!!!!
To make chewy chocolate M&M cookies, start by beating the butter and brown sugar with a mixer until fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat again.
Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add them to the wet ingredients, mixing with a spatula.
Use a cookie scoop to drop dough balls onto a silicone lined baking sheet. Press the m&ms and chocolate chips all around the outside of the dough ball. Bake and let them cool!
How to properly measure flour for cookies
- Properly measuring flour in any baked good recipe is very crucial.
- Spoon flour into the measuring cup, then use a butter knife to level it off. This is the proper and accurate way to measure flour.
- Do not pack the flour down into the measuring cup.
- Do not stick the measuring cup into the flour bag and scoop it out. This will result in too much flour in the recipe, making it dry.
Can I use regular m&ms in place of mini m&ms?
Yes, definitely! Chocolate chip cookies with m&ms will turn out great with either mini m&ms or regular m&ms. They are also a great chocolate cookie to make for christmas – just use red and green m&ms to make chocolate m&m christmas cookies!
Gluten free M&M Cookies
I recommend using King Arthur All Purpose Gluten Free Flour as a one for one substitute for regular all-purpose flour. We have used that flour with AWESOME results to make these cookies gluten free!
How to make cookies that LOOK AWESOME with lots of add ins
Okay, so cookies taste great, but we want them to look great too. Making cookies look awesome takes 1 extra step in the baking process.
Here’s the key: to make delicious, drool-worthy cookies, always add additional toppings to the outside of your dough balls before you put them in the oven. That way when your cookies are done baking, they’ll have all these delicious looking m&ms and chocolate chips piled on the outside!
Total Time Required
- 10 minutes to make the cookie dough
- 9-11 minutes to bake the cookies
- 15 minutes to cool the cookies
What’s the best way to bake cookies?
The best way to bake cookies is on a cookie sheet that’s lined with a silicone baking mat. Also, bake cookies in the middle of your oven, one tray at a time.
For a step-by-step of how to make this double chocolate chip m&m cookie recipe, watch this short video:
More Cookie Recipes
- Sugar Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Subscribe to The First Year newsletter to get our recipes sent to your inbox! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Youtube. If you make this recipe, tag @beth_thefirstyear on instagram!
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- To top the cookies: 1 cup mini m&ms and 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer for 1 minute, or until combined. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, beat again.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing by hand with a spatula. The batter will be thick.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough balls onto a silicone lined baking sheet. Press mini M&Ms and chocolate chips all around the outside of the dough balls.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool to the touch on the baking sheet (about 15 minutes) then move them to a cooling rack.
This recipe turned out great using King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure Flour.