Homemade strawberry sangria is fruity, refreshing and made with only 7 ingredients! Gather up the juiciest strawberries, white wine, and a few other ingredients because you’ll want to make sangria punch whenever warm weather hits!
Sangria is a wine based drink with fruit that is great for serving at large gatherings.
Sangria options are endless! If you’ve got some wine and fruit, really you’re good to go, right?!
But as it’s getting warmer out, you may find that you’re looking for a berry based sangria recipe and this one is all about strawberries!
Add fresh garnishes to elevate this adult beverage into something you’d be served at an ocean side resort!
Before I made this Strawberry Sangria recipe I reached out to several friends and asked them for their recommendations. Let’s just say my friends are passionate about their sangria!
Plus I would have never thought to add mint leaves until my friend Hannah suggested it, and it really made a difference in the taste! Plus it adds a nice pop of color!
Strawberry Sangria Ingredients
- strawberry simple syrup (strawberries, water and sugar – we’ll tell you how to make it!)
- white wine
- club soda
- sliced strawberries
- sliced oranges
- mint leaves
How to Make Sangria
In a large pitcher, combine the strawberry simple syrup, white wine, club soda, sliced strawberries, sliced oranges and mint leaves. Stir with a spatula to combine. Refrigerate until chilled.
Short on time? Need to serve right away?
If you’d like to serve this sangria right away, use chilled wine and add lots of ice to individual serving glasses. Avoid putting the ice directly into the pitcher because it will dilute the sangria once it melts.
What Kind of Wine Should I Use in Sangria
This summer sangria recipe calls for white wine. Choose one of these recommended white wines:
- pinot grigio
- sauvignon blanc
- dry or sweet riesling
Trust me, I am no expert.. I had to look all these up, but I can guarantee that you could just pick the cheapest white wine available at the store and you’ll still end up with a great strawberry sangria!
How Long Will Sangria Keep in the Fridge
Sangria is best consumed within 3 days. After that, the fruit may go bad. However, you can remove the fruit and seal the container for longer storage.
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Strawberry Simple Syrup, recipe above
- 1 bottle white wine
- ½ cup club soda, or more to taste
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ orange, sliced
- Fresh mint leaves
Prepare strawberry simple syrup:
- In a medium-sized pot over high heat, combine sliced strawberries, water and sugar. Allow mixture to come to a boil and let it boil for 5 minutes. Then turn heat to low and allow mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place a sieve on top of a glass bowl. Carefully pour strawberry mixture into the sieve, allowing liquid to flow into glass bowl. Use the back of a spoon to lightly press strawberries, extracting all liquid.
- Allow strawberry simple syrup to chill in refrigerator until cold. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- When ready to make sangria, combine strawberry simple syrup, white wine, club soda, sliced strawberries, sliced oranges, and mint leaves in a large pitcher. Stir to combine. If serving right away, add ice. Otherwise, refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
This is one beautiful sangria! Can’t wait to try your recipe!
What a gorgeous looking drink. I just read the recipe, and I’ll definitely be trying it — maybe even for Easter! :)
That’s a perfect plan!
This is getting me excited for strawberry season – just around the corner! I adore sangria of any kind, so am bookmarking this for springtime sipping.
I love when I see strawberries on sale at the grocery store!
That sangria looks absolutely FABULOUS!!! Heading over to get the recipe now :)
I think it will be one you’ll want to make again and again!
YES, please!! This looks fantastic!!
What a gorgeous sangria!!! Perfect for my book club :)
That’s a great idea!
I love sangria so I am sure I would totally like this. Such a pretty drink.
It’s sweet and fizzy all at the same time!
I want Summer more everyday! No I need it after looking at this recipe!
I know!! I can feel it coming!
Awesome colors and fruity too! Very refreshing!
I hope you get a chance to make it!
Sangria is my FAVE!
Such a fun spring drink!
So refreshing! And wonderful video…great job!
Thank you Ally!
Woooow! This looks amazing! Simple and it definately looks like it has the taste factor! I will have to make Strawberry Sangria this summer.
These pictures are gorgeous! And sangria is my absolute favorite, especially strawberry. I see this recipe happening a lot this spring????. Pinned for later!
Thanks for pinning for later Molly!
Can you use frozen strawberries?
Definitely! You can use frozen strawberries in place of the ice.