Want our top 10 essential dessert recipes?
Get our favorite classic recipes in your inbox! It’s 100% free, but we might make you hungry!
Hawaiian Berry Smoothie
To celebrate blendtec week, we’re sharing three recipes that can be made in the blender AND one of you will win your own blendtec!! Woohoo! If you missed the first recipe, check out our recipe for berry sangria sorbet!
The only thing I had in mind when thinking about making a smoothie for blendtec week was that it needed to be two layers. Two layered smoothies are just extra gorgeous!
Since a smoothie is a pretty standard thing to make in a blender, I didn’t just want to give you any old smoothie recipe. Anyone can blend fruit into a smoothie. And if you’re Tom Dickson you can blend pretty much anything. (No idea what I’m talking about? Check out the “Will it blend?”) videos!
I knew I wanted to share a smoothie recipe that would knock your socks off in flavor and presentation! The orange layer has a tropical mango hawaiian taste and the purple layer is BERRY good, get it ;) Layer them together and you get one hawaiian berry smoothie!
For extra pizzazz top your smoothie with a toothpick filled with mango, orange, and berries. If your wanting to create designs or have the 2 layers mix together, I have a handy tip.
Fill your glass about 2/3 full with one smoothie mixture. Add a few spoonfuls of the other smoothie on top, but make sure the glass is NOT full yet. Use a butter knife or popsicle stick to create designs on the sides of the glass. Once your done with the designs, fill the glass full with more smoothie. This will help hide any imperfections that happened at the top while you were mixing.
Enter the giveaway HERE for a chance to win a Blendtec! Ended August 2015.
Hawaiian Berry Smoothie
Yield: 3 smoothies
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 cup orange juice, plus more if smoothie is too thick
- 1 container berry yogurt (roughly 5.3-6 oz)
- 2 cups frozen berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, cherries - the more blueberries and blackberries the more purple the smoothie will be)
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup milk, plus more if smoothie is too thick
- Place ingredients in the blendtec in the order they are listed. Press the “smoothie” button and blend. Add more orange juice while the smoothie is blending if it’s is too thick.
- Place ingredients in the blendtec in the order they are listed. Press the “smoothie” button and blend. Add more milk while the smoothie is blending if it’s is too thick.
- Layer the smoothie mixtures in glasses. Use a butter knife or popsicle stick to create designs inside the glass. Top each smoothie with a toothpick filled with fruit.