Want our top 10 essential dessert recipes?
Get our favorite classic recipes in your inbox! It’s 100% free, but we might make you hungry!
Chocolate Brownie Turkey Tart
Where are all of the easy dessert lovers?!!
This recipe is for you!
Thanksgiving is busy enough. Between the turkey, the stuffing, the mashed potatoes, the sweet potatoes, the vegetable sides, the rolls.. you practically need a schedule of what’s going in the oven when! Unless you have a dedicated thanksgiving team (Hi Martha Stewart!) you probably don’t have time to make all of those thanksgiving dishes PLUS a 3 layer turkey cake for dessert! Although this cake is SOO cute, we have an easier alternative that is still cute and delicious!
This turkey tart is easy, I promise! If you don’t have a tart pan, use a round cake pan, preferably 8 or 9 inches.
Read closely because the directions might be confusing…
buy a box of brownie mix and follow the directions on the back!
WHOA! Secret’s out. If you have a favorite homemade brownie recipe, you can use that.. but don’t forget about the 2,582 other things you have to make for thanksgiving. Maybe you’ll reconsider that box of brownie mix :)
And this dessert isn’t really about the brownie.. it’s about the cute turkey you get to create. I used regular m&ms and just picked out all the greens and blues and gave those to Ryan! Use the brown, red, yellow and orange ones to create your turkey. There wasn’t quite enough of each color in one bag, so I ended up digging through 2 bags.
After the brownie is done baking and cooled, spread on chocolate buttercream. I felt like it was easiest to start with the turkey’s feet and then create an outline of his body using brown m&ms.
Begin to add his feathers, going in any color order or making any kind of pattern you want. Then fill in his body with brown m&ms. Add a beak, I used 2 m&ms cut in half and 1 whole m&m. Add candy eyes. Gobble gobble!
- 1 box of brownie mix + ingredients listed on the back
- 1-2 bags of regular m&ms
- 2 candy eyeballs
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2.5-3.5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the brownie box.
- Liberally butter the sides and bottom of a tart pan. I suggest using one with a removable bottom.
- Place the tart pan on another baking sheet. Pour the brownie mix into the pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownie to cool completely before unmolding it.
- Top the brownie with chocolate buttercream.
- Arrange the m&ms to form a turkey.
- I felt like it was easiest to start with the turkey’s feet and then create an outline of his body using brown m&ms.
- Begin to add his feathers, going in any color order or making any kind of pattern you want. Then fill in his body with brown m&ms. Add a beak, I used 2 m&ms cut in half and 1 whole m&m. Add candy eyes, using extra buttercream to act as glue.