Want our top 10 essential dessert recipes?
Get our favorite classic recipes in your inbox! It’s 100% free, but we might make you hungry!
Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Football Cups
We’re going full force and keeping up with Monday’s football themed treat. We bring you – cheesecake sugar cookie football cups!
It’s kind of a mouthful to say, but they are also super delicious to eat :)
How to Make Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Football Cups
I will tell you that when I brought these to bible study, everyone looked at me like I was crazy when I told them what they were. I said “they are cheesecake sugar cookie footballs cups.” And then I had to explain it’s a sugar cookie cup with no bake chocolate cheesecake inside, complete with royal icing football stitches. And then everyone got it. Haha.
So do you think I named this recipe appropriately? Sometimes it’s hard to shorten a recipe into a single title while still describing it well!
This is definitely a recipe that you could whip together last minute, in preparation for the big game. I bet you could even start making this recipe at the start of a football game and it would be ready in time for half time!
I am not a football person. at all. So I wouldn’t mind making a football treat during the game :)
The games are so long. And slow.
The football players are huge but play with this tiny ball that you can never see because they are always cuddling it.
And there are so many people on the field I don’t know who to pay attention to.
Maybe if the ball was bigger and the field wasn’t so long I could actually see what’s going on!!
Supplies You Will Need
To make these cheesecake sugar cookie football cups (whew!) you’ll need just a few things..
-refrigerated sugar cookie dough
-small batch of royal icing (powdered sugar, meringue powder, and water)
-squeeze bottle or ziplock bag
-piping bag or ziplock bag
Follow the recipe below to get started!
For a step-by-step of how to make this cheesecake sugar cookie football cup recipe, watch this short video:
Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Football Cups
Total Time: 1 hour
A fun game day dessert - cheesecake sugar cookie football cups! A sugar cookie cup filled with no bake chocolate cheesecake topped with royal icing football stitches!
- 1 package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 package, 8 oz, cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 container cool whip, 8 oz
Small batch royal icing
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp meringue powder
- 1/2 tbsp water (or more to get the right consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cut the sugar cookie dough into 12 pieces. Place one piece of dough into each muffin well. Use a 1/4 cup to push the dough down, forming a cup. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the cups are golden. Allow them to cool completely before adding the cheesecake filling.
- In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Add in the melted chocolate, beat again. Fold in the cool whip and mix with a spatula. Transfer the cheesecake mixture to a piping bag. Pipe cheesecake into each cookie cup. Use a spatula to smooth out the top.
- To make the royal icing, combine the powdered sugar, meringue powder, and water in a mixing bowl and mix until the icing has a matte appearance, about 2 minutes. You may need to add a little more water to get the right consistency. You don’t want the icing to be runny, but have a thicker consistency, but you don’t want it to be too thick where you can’t get it out of the squeeze bottle. Transfer to a squeeze bottle or ziploc bag with one corner cut off.
- Draw the center football stripe on each cookie cup. Allow the royal icing to harden for 5-10 minutes before adding the football stitches. Draw 3 stitches on each cookie cup.
- Store in a container in the fridge until serving.