Want our top 10 essential dessert recipes?
Get our favorite classic recipes in your inbox! It’s 100% free, but we might make you hungry!
3 Ingredient Mousse
I’m so glad I live in the era of flavored coffee creamer.
Is that lame to say?! I’m sure that there are a whole bunch of you that agree with me!
The recipe I’m sharing today is something that’s been in my bag of tricks for a while. I used the same method in this chocolate peppermint mousse recipe. I’ll be making that recipe again this holiday season!
I wanted to show you guys how you can use any flavor coffee creamer to make 3 ingredient mousse!
You’ll need chocolate chips (milk, dark, or white), heavy cream, and then your choice of coffee creamer.
Here’s a 25 second video showing you how to make mousse!
Let’s give a brief overview of the recipe:
-chill a metal mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 15 minutes
Side note: You’re wondering if this step is necessary. I have made mousse and whipped cream by sort of chilling the bowl ahead of time.. meaning last minute I stick it in the freezer or I pull it out of the freezer too early and by the time I actually whip the cream, the bowl isn’t chilled anymore.
Here’s what I’ve observed – chilling the bowl and beaters ahead of time produces mousse and whipped cream that has stiffer peaks (that’s a fancy way of saying it’s more stable).
I do recommend chilling these items ahead of time, but if you completely forget, putting them in the freezer for at least 5 minutes is better than nothing.
-melt the chocolate (I like to do this on the stove, over low heat with a tad bit of vegetable oil mixed into the chocolate to help aid the melting process)
-allow the chocolate to come to room temperature
-beat the heavy cream and coffee creamer for about 5 minutes
-add in the melted chocolate
-beat the mixture again, 2-4 minutes until stiff peaks form
-divide the mousse into bowls and place them in the fridge for a MINIMUM of 1 hour. Better is longer. The longer the mousse sets in the fridge, the less “pudding” like it will be and the more mousse like it will become
I used International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer in one batch of mousse and International Delight Salted Caramel Mocha Fudge creamer in a second batch of mousse. I topped the pumpkin mousse with a dollop of whipped cream and graham cracker crumbs and topped the salted caramel mousse with caramel sauce, sea salt and chocolate shavings. They were both amazing and had great flavor!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
3 Ingredient Mousse using Coffee Creamer
Yield: 6 servings
Total Time:20 minutes
Learn how to make 3 ingredient mousse using any flavor of coffee creamer! The flavored creamer gives the mousse AMAZING flavor!
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk, dark or white - depends on the flavor you want!)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup coffee creamer (pick your favorite flavor!)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Place a metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small pot over low heat on the stove, combine the chocolate chips and vegetable oil, stirring occasionally with a spatula until melted. Allow the chocolate to cool to room temperature
- Remove the chilled mixing bowl and beaters from the freezer. Add the coffee creamer and heavy cream, beat for 5 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Add the melted chocolate into the bowl, beat the mixture for 2-4 more minutes, or until stiff peaks form and the mixture becomes more mousse like and airy.
- Divide the mousse into smaller serving dishes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but the longer the better. The longer the mousse sets in the fridge, the less “pudding” like it will be and the more mousse like it will become