Want our top 10 essential dessert recipes?
Get our favorite classic recipes in your inbox! It’s 100% free, but we might make you hungry!
Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Bars
It’s not Christmas yet so we’re still pumping out great holiday dessert recipes!
And this is an easy one, once again!
It starts with 1 box of Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cake/Cookie Mix and 1 pouch of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (or double chocolate chip cookie mix).
I am not sure if another brand would work – you could definitely give it a try.
Simple steps – mix the gingerbread dough and mix the cookie dough separately and combine them in 1 pan. Yum.
Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Bars – wrapped in a bow!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix or Double Chocolate Chip Mix (17.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 box Betty Crocker gingerbread cake/cookie mix (14.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (350 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chocolate chip dough ingredients until a soft dough forms. In a second medium bowl, stir together the gingerbread dough ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Butter the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan, then spoon heaping spoonfuls of the chocolate chip dough about 2 inches apart. Repeat with gingerbread dough, placing spoonfuls of dough between the chocolate chip dough.
- Press dough into an even layer.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 45 minutes and cut into bars.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.