Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Bars
It’s not Christmas yet so we’re still pumping out great holiday dessert recipes!
And this is an easy one, once again!
It starts with 1 box of Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cake/Cookie Mix and 1 pouch of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (or double chocolate chip cookie mix).
I am not sure if another brand would work – you could definitely give it a try.
Simple steps – mix the gingerbread dough and mix the cookie dough separately and combine them in 1 pan. Yum.
Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Bars – wrapped in a bow!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix or Double Chocolate Chip Mix (17.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 box Betty Crocker gingerbread cake/cookie mix (14.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (350 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chocolate chip dough ingredients until a soft dough forms. In a second medium bowl, stir together the gingerbread dough ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Butter the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan, then spoon heaping spoonfuls of the chocolate chip dough about 2 inches apart. Repeat with gingerbread dough, placing spoonfuls of dough between the chocolate chip dough.
- Press dough into an even layer.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 45 minutes and cut into bars.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.