Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Get ready to run to your kitchen, because these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are almost too good to be true! What if I told you that you could have the best peanut butter cookies with only 3 ingredients that you probably have right now, and you can have them in just 15 minutes?
Read on, because your peanut butter lovers dreams just came true!
You will love these 3 Ingredient PB Cookies
These 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies are, in my humble opinion, the holy grail of peanut PB cookie recipes. Having homemade cookies in just 15 minutes with 3 incredibly simple ingredients is one thing, but these also limit mess in the kitchen and have the perfect texture and peanut flavor.
My only warning, these are so easy to make that once you make a batch of these cookies, you may be right back in the kitchen making a second batch. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
This is almost magic – all you need is 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup peanut butter and one large egg. Then it’s just 4 steps between you and freshly baked, easy cookies with the perfect balance of sweetness and peanut butter flavor.
Keep reading for my easy 4-step guide for making perfect three-ingredient peanut butter cookies, plus some extra tips & tricks!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Ingredients
This 3 ingredient recipe makes chewy, crunchy and flavorful peanut butter cookies. Hide them if you don’t want to share, they’ll go quick! For the full recipe with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Creamy peanut butter
- Granulated sugar
How to make 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Ready for the easiest cookie recipe you’ve ever made? Easy peanut butter cookies are just 4 steps and 15 minutes away! Keep reading for the full recipe with ingredients and measurements in the recipe card below.
- Prep oven and baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine ingredients. In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, and egg using either an electric mixer or a spatula. Blend the mixture thoroughly until it becomes creamy and smooth.
- Form cookies. Using about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough per cookie, form the dough into balls and place them onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball with the back of a fork, creating a criss-cross pattern. *If desired, you can roll the dough balls in granulated sugar before adding the criss-cross pattern.
- Bake and cool. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges turn slightly golden and they are a little puffy. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet.
Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies Tips and Tricks
For best results and delicious peanut butter cookies, follow these tips:
- Use creamy/smooth peanut butter: Crunchy peanut butter doesn’t work well with this recipe, because it makes the texture of the cookies too crumbly. For chewy, soft peanut butter cookies, it’s best to use creamy peanut butter.
- Electric mixer is optional: I find it easiest to mix the dough with an electric mixer, but if you don’t have one it works just as well to mix by hand with a spatula.
- Flattening the Cookie: The crosshatch pattern on top of the cookies is optional, but flattening the cookie dough balls is not. To ensure they bake correctly, be sure to flatten each ball of dough. Since it’s easiest to do this with the back of a fork, it’s natural to make the crosshatch pattern.
- Don’t over-bake: Since oven times vary, be sure to check the cookies at 8 minutes. You are looking for puffy cookies with slightly golden edges.
How to store these Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
In my house, this is one of our absolute favorite peanut butter cookie recipes so they don’t last long. If you have any left-overs, store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
These also freeze well. To freeze, place cooled cookies in the freezer on a cookie sheet until fully frozen, then transfer to a freezer-safe container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Alternatively, you can place between layers of parchment paper in a freezer bag and freeze without doing the cookie sheet step. When ready to enjoy, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe FAQs
Flattening or smashing the small balls into cookie dough forms a perfectly circular cookie that will bake evenly.
To keep your cookies from flattening, be sure not to over-mix. Whether using an electric mixer or mixing by hand with a spatula, mix just until combined. If you are making multiple batches, alternate baking sheets so you aren’t placing your dough on a hot baking sheet, which will cause your cookies to spread before they have a chance to bake.
If you used crunchy peanut butter or over-baked your cookies, they may come out crumbly. These flourless peanut butter cookies are best with creamy peanut butter. Be sure to check for doneness at around 8 minutes and pull them out as soon as they look lightly puffy with golden brown edges.
In this easy peanut butter cookie recipe, the dough does not need to be chilled before baking.
More Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, and egg using either an electric mixer or a spatula. Blend the mixture thoroughly until it becomes creamy and smooth.
- Using about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough per cookie, form the dough into balls and place them onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball with the back of a fork, creating a criss-cross pattern. *If desired, you can roll the dough balls in granulated sugar before adding the criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges turn slightly golden and they are a little puffy. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet.