Oreo Ice Cream
3 ingredient Oreo Ice Cream – this is the easiest oreo ice cream recipe made without an ice cream maker! Now you can make oreo vanilla ice cream any time you want at home!
Who secretly loves blizzards and mcflurries?!
I DO! And it’s probably not a secret. I am very predictable when it comes to my order – reese’s blizzard. And if I don’t get that, I get a buster bar.
The chocolate and peanut butter combo is always a good choice but sometimes you want a good cookies n’ cream ice cream.
Since I have a gluten allergy I can’t order an oreo blizzard but I can make the next best thing – homemade oreo ice cream!! And it’s a cinch to swap gluten free oreos for regular oreos.
Oreo ice cream ingredients
- heavy whipping cream (equal to one pint) whipped into stiff peaks with an electric mixer
- one 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package of oreos
The tools you’ll need to make homemade ice cream include..
- metal mixing bowl (placed in the freezer for 20-30 minutes)
- electric mixer
- a container to freeze the ice cream in
You will definitely want to make the ice cream the day before you plan to serve it so it can freeze thoroughly.
The ice cream needs about 8 hours to fully freeze.
Freezing ice cream
As for a container to freeze the ice cream in, you could use a metal loaf pan, a sturdy tupperware container or if you’re really into homemade ice cream you could invest in a fun reusable ice cream container like this round one or this unique long one!
A container with a tight lid will help to prevent freezer burn but plastic wrap will work great if the ice cream isn’t in your freezer for too many days. But really.. do you think this ice cream will last more than a few days?!
How to make oreo ice cream
- 20-30 minutes before beginning, place a metal mixing bowl and the beaters from the mixer in the freezer to chill. Remove the bowl from the freezer.
- Beat the heavy cream, using an electric mixer into stiff peak, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and mix with a spatula or mixer. Add in the 2 cups of chopped oreos, mix to combine.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Top the ice cream with additional broken oreo pieces. Cover the container and freeze overnight. Once frozen, scoop and serve!
I made this and licked the bowl clean lol! Sooo good and sooo simple. I will never BUY shop bought Oreos ice cream ever again!!!!!-Angel
More Oreo Desserts
Oreo Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1 pint
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk, 1 can
- 2 cups chopped oreos
- 20-30 minutes before beginning, place a metal mixing bowl and the beaters from the mixer in the freezer to chill.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer.
- Add the heavy cream, using an electric mixer beat the heavy cream into stiff peaks, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and mix with a spatula or mixer.
- Add in the 2 cups of chopped oreos, mix to combine.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer safe container.
- Top the ice cream with additional broken oreo pieces. Cover the container and freeze overnight.
- Once frozen, scoop and serve!
These are soooo good!!!
Delicious summer treat!
I have to try this some time!
Made this with my daughters and it turned out wonderful! Almost couldn’t taste the difference. Taste best when its frozen, once its melted its gross and very sweet.
I will try this. I’m so excited!
You will LOVE it!
Hi. absolutely love the recipe.
wanted to find out how much icecream it makes/how many people can be served?
Yumm!!! I made this and it was better than I thought it would be. Btw thanks
SO glad! Of course!
wow this recipe is awesome!! i just love itt!! :-)
My favorite ice cream recipes. Thanks for the extra tips. This rocks!!
Enjoy!!! Save some for me! :)
I know this was one of your earlier resipies but I was wondering how long you put the ice cream in the freezer. If you could get back to me that would be great! Thanks so much!
Hi Kate! I would suggest 8 hour or overnight!
Can i use a blender instead of an electric mixer?
I’ve never used a blender to make whipped cream!
Can I use light whipping cream??
Hi Sofia! I’m guessing light whipping cream won’t produce the same stiff peaks that are needed to make this ice cream.
I made this and licked the bowl clean loool! Sooo good and sooo simple. I will never BUY shop bought Oreos ice cream ever again!!!!! Thanks hun. I love your recipes, they make me look like a domestic legend in front of friends and family!
This was fantastic, fun and easy. We’re going to make it again but maybe try crushed candy bars or slightly mashed cut up strawberries. Thank you for another great recipe.
You’re so welcome! So glad you enjoyed the recipe!
You’re welcome! So glad you enjoyed the recipe!
Yay! You’re welcome!
This is really good! I didn’t put Oreos in it though, and instead put chocolate chips and maraschino cherries. It turned out delicious! I was wondering if you could make it chocolate?
That sounds like a delicious version you made! I can work on a chocolate ice cream recipe!
I love oreo Ice cream. For some reason we always buy it, but it is actually so simple to make.
Love it! My twins & hubby weren’t nuts for it. Today I’m going to add brownies bits to it!
It tastes really great but when it’s frozen it’s so hard I can’t get it out of the container. Did this only happen to me? Did I do anything wrong?
How much ice cream does this recipe make? Thank you.
Hi Alex! I haven’t measured in cups, but it fills a loaf pan.
I added 1-2 tsp vanilla. It’s the best I’ve ever eaten. My husband loves it too.