S’mores RITZ® Ice Cream Sandwiches
This recipe for S’mores RITZ® Ice Cream Sandwiches is a part of the #PutItOnARitz campaign and has been compensated by #CollectiveBias. As always, all opinions are my own, and thank you for supporting the organizations that make it possible for me to continue to provide quality content to you!
S’mores RITZ® Ice Cream Sandwiches with ice cream, mini marshmallows, and mini chocolate chips!
Do you like sharing your recipe creations on Instagram? Enter for a chance to win one of 40 $100 Walmart e-gift cards by uploading an Instagram photo of your RITZ® topped creation with the hashtag #PutItOnARitzContest. Purchase of RITZ® is not required.
If my husband entered the contest, his creation would be RITZ® crackers topped with melted cheese :) His food blogging wife can only teach him so much! What’s your favorite thing to put on a RITZ®? Are you thinking something sweet like a chocolate spread or something savory like bacon?!
I’m a sweet kind of girl, so these S’mores RITZ® Ice Cream Sandwiches totally hit the spot! I was able to find everything I needed to create them at Walmart.
We love s’mores, and I bet you do too, so it’s fun to recreate the original idea of pairing crackers, marshmallows and chocolate together and come up with something new! This treat is perfect for the coming summer months, especially when you want to enjoy the flavors of a s’mores during the middle of the day without having to make a bonfire! We have a step-by-step photo tutorial showing how to assemble the RITZ® ice cream sandwiches.
This is a fun recipe to get your kids involved in making, it’s pretty simple, you just need to be prepared because once you pull the ice cream of out the freezer, you’ll have to move quickly in assembling the sandwiches.
- RITZ® Crackers
- Chocolate candy melts, 3 squares or about 1/4 cup
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable shortening
- Ice cream, vanilla, chocolate, or your choice
- Mini marshmallow mallow bits
- Mini chocolate chips
- Melt the chocolate candy melts and vegetable shortening in a small pot over low heat, stir occasionally. It make take the candy melts up to 10 minutes to melt completely, but keep the heat on low. Once the chocolate is melted, dip RITZ® Crackers into the chocolate and place them on a silicone baking mat to set.
- On a plate, mix some mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.
- Once the chocolate is set, place a small scoop of ice cream on top of each cracker, then add another cracker to make a sandwich.
- Roll the ice cream sandwiches in the mini marshmallow and mini chocolate chip mixture. Gently push the marshmallows and chocolate chips into the ice cream.
- Wrap any extra ice cream sandwiches in plastic wrap and return to the freezer.
We’re sharing a video tutorial for these ice cream sandwiches on Instagram – be sure to follow us, we’re always posting behind the scenes pictures and sneak peeks for upcoming recipe!
A video posted by Beth | The First Year (@beth_thefirstyear) on