Want our top 10 essential dessert recipes?
Get our favorite classic recipes in your inbox! It’s 100% free, but we might make you hungry!
VIDEO RECIPE! Learn how to make this s’mores popcorn!
Popcorn is like a blank canvas.
Do you know who coined that phrase?
The flavor possibilities are endless – sweet and chocolatey to spicy and savory, and of course the classic butter and salt.
I wish my digestive system didn’t react so weirdly to corn (uhh, TMI?!) so I made this recipe for friends.
It’s one of those “recipes” that I wouldn’t really consider a recipe. I think it’s impossible to mess this up. I mean, do you think there is any way that s’mores popcorn could go wrong?
To cut down on a few steps I bought a bag of already popped popcorn at the store.
Spread the popcorn out on a baking sheet (or 2). Drizzle melted chocolate all over the popcorn. You can be conservative or liberal with your chocolate drizzling.
Then add mini marshmallows and crushed graham crackers. You could drizzle more chocolate over everything if you’d like.
The first time I made this recipe with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips, but it took a while for the chocolate to harden.
When I make this again I would consider using chocolate candiquik or chocolate melts so that the chocolate hardens quickly and doesn’t get so messy when storing the popcorn in a bag.
Let’s about the fun stuff – the add-ins!
I kept it simple with mini marshmallows and crushed graham cracker pieces but you could really get creative.
-snyder’s carries s’mores pretzel pieces
-Goldfish has a s’mores mix
-chop hershey’s bars into smaller pieces
-plus you could add actual chocolate chips!
Yield: 12-14 cups
Total Time:10 minutes
The easiest S’mores Popcorn recipe with 5 ingredients! Plus a whole list of fun add-ins to make it extra s’more-y!!
- 6 oz bag of popped popcorn (about 12 cups of popcorn)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips OR candiquik/chocolate melts
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 7 graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Spread the popcorn onto 2 large baking sheets.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and vegetable oil, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted. Transfer the chocolate to a squeeze bottle. Drizzle the chocolate generously over the popcorn.
- Add in the crushed graham crackers and mini marshmallows. Add more drizzled chocolate if desired.
- Allow the chocolate to set for a few hours before moving the popcorn to a storage container.