Pumpkin Brownie Pudding
Does anyone else think chocolate is soul food?
Or maybe there should be a separate category dedicated to soul food desserts. I could totally get on board with that. I’m not sure why but the tagline of “desserts that stick to your ribs” is what keeps coming to mind, haha.
This brownie pudding belongs in that group right along side of sweet potato pie and peach cobbler. Served warm and absolutely delicious – the kind of dessert that you look forward to having when the season comes.
The name “brownie pudding” really does describe this dessert. While it’s baking a brownie layer forms and a hot fudge pudding layer forms. It’s somewhat deceiving on the outside but when you scoop into it, you see the brownie and the chocolatey sauce and it’s heavenly.
I would even go as far to say that this dessert would amazing if paired with a few scoops of pumpkin ice cream.
Can there be too much pumpkin in the fall?
To give this dessert a nice fall flavor (I mean, let’s pumpkin everything right?!) I used Pumpkin Pie Spice International Delight creamer along with a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. The pumpkin flavor is spot on and is not drowned out by all that chocolate.
Besides, isn’t the combo of chocolate and pumpkin the best?
This is a quick recipe, all the prep work is done in less than 10 minutes. Until you’ve made brownie pudding you probably haven’t made anything quite like it. The way in which it comes together might seem abnormal (who pours hot water over there brownies?!) but just wait until you dig into it!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Pumpkin Brownie Pudding
Yield: 8x8 inch pan
Total Time: 45 minutes
Pumpkin Brownie Pudding is a dessert that forms 2 layers while baking - a brownie layer and hot fudge pudding layer! Scoop it into a bowl and serve with ice cream! The perfect way to enjoy chocolate and pumpkin!
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Pie Spice International Delight Creamer
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water, almost boiling
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 8-inch (or 9-inch) square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the Pumpkin Pie Spice International Delight Creamer, melted butter, egg, brownie mix, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir with a spatula until mixed. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder and brown sugar over the batter. Evenly pour the hot water over the batter - do not mix or stir the batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center of the cake is slightly wobbly.