One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta
We’re going to keep it easy today – a one pot cheesy sausage pasta.
I like that, no extra dishes, no colander to clean. Easy – but so good!
If you’re not a fan of the zingy taste of canned tomatoes, I would recommend leaving them out because the flavor is powerful in this dish. Then the recipe reminds me of mac & cheese with hot dogs, mmmm, still so good.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package Kielbasa, sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (about two fresh cloves)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 8 oz dry pasta (any small pasta will do, we used bow ties)
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, each
- 1 cup shredded cheese (choose your favorite)
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet pan over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, milk/heavy cream, pasta, and seasonings.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt.
Are you convinced that it’s easy?