Mini Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecakes
Who wants to come to my house for Valentine’s Day? For our first dessert course we will be having Mini Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecakes with a dollop of hot fudge.
Did you catch that? I said for the first dessert course. Valentine’s Day is all about dessert and chocolate, and homemade pizza.
We’ve been baking up a Valentine’s Day storm in our kitchen – and we’ve been sharing some sneak peeks on our Facebook and Instagram pages, we invite you to join us so you’ll never miss out on this deliciousness.
I almost forgot about the best part of these mini chocolate strawberry cheesecakes..
they are healthier than regular mini cheesecakes! 57% less fat, 61% less saturated fat, and 37% fewer calories than the original recipe.
Which means it’s okay to have two, haha!
- 12 foil baking cups (must be foil!)
- 12 thin chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (2/3 cup) I used Oreos without the filling
- 12 oz 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 oz bittersweet or semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- Fat free hot fudge, a dollop per cheesecake
- Slice of strawberry, one per cheesecake
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place 12 foil liners in a regular-size muffin pan.
- Evenly divide the crushed chocolate cookies between the 12 liners. Use the back of a spoon to firmly press the crumbs into the bottom of each foil cup.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in cocoa.
- Beat in whole egg and egg white until well blended. Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Divide this mixture evenly among the foil cups.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Before serving add a dollop of warmed hot fudge and top with a strawberry slice.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.