Want our top 10 essential dessert recipes?
Get our favorite classic recipes in your inbox! It’s 100% free, but we might make you hungry!
Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake
Winter doesn’t seem so bad anymore!
I like to stay cozy :-)
- 2 & 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dry hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 oz milk chocolate, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp dry hot chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a bundt pan liberally with baking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and hot chocolate mix. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl (or stand mixer) cream together you butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sugar and beat on medium about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In microwave safe bowl, melt milk chocolate on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each. Add to butter mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between each and then add vanilla.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in your sifted dry ingredients.
- Mix ingredients until incorporated. Don't over mix.
- Fill your pan with batter and bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan and then transfer to wire rack.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt the 6oz milk chocolate, 2 tbsp dry hot chocolate mix, heavy cream and butter together until melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour over cooled cake.
Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups.