I have a lot of fun trying new pasta recipes. Most of the time they turn out well. But I am not going to lie, sometimes there is a fail, and not even mass amounts of parmesan cheese will make it better. Those don’t make it to the blog :)
Everyone raves about this place called Olive Garden.. but for those of us who have gluten allergies, just walking in the door is a scary thought. But I am pretty sure this homemade alfredo dish almost out does Olive Garden.
- 2 cups milk (I used skim, but a richer milk will make a richer sauce)
- 4 oz cream cheese, reduced or low fat
- 3 tbsp flour (I use Cooqi for all my gluten free needs)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated/shredded
- pasta, 1 regular sized box
- optional: cooked chicken
- Begin to cook the pasta.
- In a blender/food processor, mix together milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add in minced garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add in milk mixture.
- Allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sauce will thicken as it's cooking.
- Remove from heat and add in the cheese and chicken if using.
- Mix well and cover the pan. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Once sauce is done, add it to the cooked pasta and serve.
Recipe adapted from The Cookin Chicks
My go-to gluten free noodles are Ancient Harvest Quinoa brand.
Yum. See, with this recipe you don’t even need Olive Garden.