Florida Orange Cake
This is cake mix magic!
There is a part of my heart that really loves pre-boxed cake mix.
A lot of people like the ease of a cake mix, plus you typically only need a few ingredients, instead of like 10.
But my FAVORITE part about boxed cake mix is how it smells!!
Does anyone else like that smell? It’s really hard to replicate that smell when making a homemade cake. I wish I could buy a candle that smells like a box of cake mix. Mmmmmm.
To make this Florida orange cake you need:
-a box of yellow cake mix
-international delight french vanilla creamer
And for the frosting:
I used International Delight french vanilla creamer in this recipe to add sweetness and creaminess. I love International Delight because it’s super versatile and you can use it in a lot of recipes, in addition to in your coffee! See all of our International Delight recipes.
The cake bakes up to be ultra moist and has a slight orange flavor!
This recipe was the first time I encountered cara cara oranges. I feel like they are becoming popular all of a sudden.
I went to pick out some oranges at the grocery store and I was clearly picking from the section labeled “navel oranges” but when I got home, I saw the stickers, and every single one was a cara cara orange.
And because I’ve never had one, I didn’t realize how vibrant and dark the insides are. The color almost reminds of me a grapefruit! It’s gorgeous, plus they taste good too!
Visit International Delight to sign up to receive new offers, recipes and delightful surprises in your email all year long.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
For a step-by-step of how to make this florida orange cake recipe, watch this short video:
Florida Orange Cake
Yield: 9x13 inch cake
Total Time: 1 hour
A quick dessert recipe for FLORIDA ORANGE CAKE. A doctored up cake mix recipe with a sweet orange flavor!
- one box yellow cake mix, 15.25 oz
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup International Delight french vanilla creamer
- 1 package cream cheese, 8 oz, softened
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 tbsp orange marmalade (or orange jelly)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the yellow cake mix, orange juice, eggs, vegetable oil and international delight creamer, beat with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes. Pour the cake batter into the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- For the frosting: In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and butter, beat with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes, until smooth. Add in the orange marmalade and gradually add the powdered sugar. Beat with the mixer until well combined. Spread the frosting over the cooled cake. Serve with orange zest or orange slices if desired.