Easy Cilantro Lime Pad Thai
For the spicy-food liking people, aka my husband, I give you Easy Cilantro Lime Pad Thai!
8 ounces dried, wide and flat rice noodles (or any noodles will do)
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp Sriracha
2 tsp vegetable oil
3 green onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 large eggs, light beaten
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
After making this recipe for the first time, we discovered that it needed more sauce. So if you like more flavor and sauce, I would suggest doubling the amount of brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, and sriracha.
1. Soak noodles according to package instructions, and drain. Or prepare regular noodles as directed.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, and Sriracha.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add scallion whites and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with spatula until eggs are almost set (about 30 seconds). Transfer eggs to a plate.
5. Add noodles, scallion greens, and sauce to skillet. Cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are soft (about 1 minute). Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently.
6. Serve noodles with lime wedges, topped with cilantro and peanuts.
Adapted from Brownies for Dinner
I am excited because we’re headed to Indianapolis this weekend, a new city to check out woohoo!
Linking to these parties!