Blueberry Pie Bars
Are you ever in the mood for pie, but you don’t have the time? With these blueberry pie bars you get the best of both worlds in under an hour!
I hope you all had a relaxing 4th of July weekend, Ryan’s family came for a visit!
We had a lot of fun exploring, more to come on that!
This is the perfect summer dessert because you could use any fresh fruit you have on hand. Or go crazy and make these pie bars with blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries!
Crust and Topping
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (1 and 1/2 sticks) butter, refrigerated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 12 oz fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8x8-inch pan with non stick cooking spray; set aside.
- For the crust, combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor.
- Cut the butter into 1/2-inch pieces and add to flour mixture. Process until the butter is evenly distributed but the mixture is still crumbly (about 30 to 60 seconds).
- Reserve 1 and 1/2 cups of the mixture for the topping; set aside. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- For the filling, whisk eggs in a large bowl, then add the sugar, sour cream,flour, and almond extract.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon the filling over the crust and sprinkle the reserved topping mixture evenly over the filling.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until top turns golden brown. Cool 1 hour before cutting and serving or serve out of pan cobbler style.
Recipe adapted from Life’s Simple Measures
Push the crust into the pan.
Prep the filling.
These bars are fantastic, possibly even better than pie! I would totally support you adding a scoop of ice cream to these.
Mmm mmm mmm! But wait, it gets better.. it’s my birthday week!
Winner winner chicken dinner, someone will win a $25 Target Gift Card. Click the image to enter.